The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Classic cars (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315289)

xsport 15th September 2021 15:34

Classic cars

just reading about a company making a good profit and upward business with the removal of petrol engines from classic cars. they are being replaced by electric driven power motors . mainly in the london city areas. sorry but for me its not a classic any more. :duh:

coolguy 15th September 2021 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2899676)
just reading about a company making a good profit and upward business with the removal of petrol engines from classic cars. they are being replaced by electric driven power motors . mainly in the london city areas. sorry but for me its not a classic any more. :duh:

Just like the plethora of adverts saying "totally original......recently resprayed"
True originality is rare these days.

MSS 15th September 2021 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2899676)

What's wrong with that? It's a classic bodyshell/shape supported by modern technology.

To me, most cars that others consider true classics are nothing more than preserved bangers of zero value.

Classic is what you want it to be! ;)

Neonaise 15th September 2021 18:04

Restomods have been around for a long time and while I can understand upgrading running gear to be safer and or drive better/nicer replacing an ice with a scalextric motor is taking the cars soul away....

victorgte 15th September 2021 19:30

Electric vehicles don’t smell of 4 star.
Anyone below the age of 30 please ask your grandfather.

MSS 15th September 2021 19:48

For me, an S-type converted to a V8/electric hybrid drive form would be an ideal classic.

If you crave the smell of fuel, just run a glow plug model engine (methanol with x% of nitromethane for fuel) every now and then. Yummy!

trikey 15th September 2021 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by victorgte (Post 2899711)
Electric vehicles don’t smell of 4 star.
Anyone below the age of 30 please ask your grandfather.

4 Star!! You bloomin heathen, 5 star was the fuel for the old V8's :D

xsport 15th September 2021 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSS (Post 2899694)
What's wrong with that? It's a classic bodyshell/shape supported by modern technology.

To me, most cars that others consider true classics are nothing more than preserved bangers of zero value.

Classic is what you want it to be! ;)

wait until you see the triumph bonnies and speed twins with electric motors in them ... :duh: originality is key here. i remember them well and would like to see them as they were. younger generations maybe dont feel the same about these things as they were not really part of their lives. ... ;)

MSS 15th September 2021 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2899741)
wait until you see the triumph bonnies and speed twins with electric motors in them ... :duh: originality is key here. i remember them well and would like to see them as they were. younger generations maybe dont feel the same about these things as they were not really part of their lives. ... ;)

That's fine. Individuality is the beauty of being human!

I have to say that I have not been implicated to be of the younger generation for about 35 years but the compliment is warmly welcomed! ;):D

stocktake 16th September 2021 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2899732)
4 Star!! You bloomin heathen, 5 star was the fuel for the old V8's :D

The smell of my youth was without doubt Castrol R at Cadwell and Snetterton