The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   curious on how old people are (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300420)

macafee2 31st October 2019 14:58

curious on how old people are

Just curious on how old people are that are still crawling under their car to do work on it. I have no idea how old is too old, I guess its when the body says it is but at 57 I'm still getting under the car and don't feel too old.

Local mechanic I think is in his 70's or 80's but he has a ramp to lift the cars up.

macafee2

Russel 31st October 2019 15:04

Your only 57 didn't have you a day over 70 my judgement must be off lol

I'm 36 and useless at undoing bolts

Mike Trident 31st October 2019 15:06

I am 60, unfortunately its conditon not age.

I can't do anything too low, under the car would be a no no

suzublu 31st October 2019 15:08

I can work all day under the car, it's getting back up that's the problem:duh::D
64 btw;)

Vossy 31st October 2019 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzublu (Post 2772349)
I can work all day under the car, it's getting back up that's the problem:duh::D
64 btw;)

I concur, I am 63 in a few weeks, once I'm down I'm okay until I have to get back up again ...

Odd Job 31st October 2019 15:17

I'm not old. but.

6 months ago I would almost tackle anything car related, ( I'll admit I'm rubbish- with electrics - it's witch craft! )
But after doing my back in, I feel like I've aged about 20 years over night.

It is totally down to what state your body is in. Everyone ages differently, if you've had some for of trauma at some point and you've damaged yourself will have a bearing on how "flexible" you still are and what you can do.

I'm hoping things will improve, but it's been 6 months for me. It's frustrating.

Oh, I'm 45.

Richard

Nick Greg 31st October 2019 15:29

61 and quite happy to pay someone else to do it. I have no mechanical aptitude whatsoever, neither do I want to learn:D

roverbarmy 31st October 2019 15:34

I'm 68 and have replaced front discs and pads, rear upper suspension arms (including stripping rust, priming, painting and rustproofing subframe and all other rear suspension parts), stripped and cleaned rear brakes (including derusting, priming and gloss painting exposed metal parts), full lube service (engine and auto box) and MOT preparation (including cleaning brake pipes and waxing- the car, not me!), this last year! It takes much longer than it used to (but doesn't everything!).:D

wraymond 31st October 2019 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2772354)
I'm 68 and have replaced front discs and pads, rear upper suspension arms (including stripping rust, priming, painting and rustproofing subframe and all other rear suspension parts), stripped and cleaned rear brakes (including derusting, priming and gloss painting exposed metal parts), full lube service (engine and auto box) and MOT preparation (including cleaning brake pipes and waxing- the car, not me!), this last year! It takes much longer than it used to (but doesn't everything!).:D

Discs, pads, suspension arms, stripping rust, painting exposed parts, full lube job, serviced and waxed at 68. Wow. What about the car?

The last time I actually got under the car I dozed off. At 76 and 6/12 my back has gone, my neck is awol, and my hip is looking at travel sites. Draw a veil over the rest. But I enjoy every minute of every day. If I'd known how long I was going to last I'd have done a lot more really bad things.

victorgte 31st October 2019 15:56

About to turn 55 and renew my HGV license as I’m now made redundant. Felt fine until my cancer treatment 2 years ago and now my body aches after 30 minutes under any car. Can’t complain as the outcome could have been worse. Another grandchild soon hopefully.