The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   CDTi - wheel vibrations under heavy acceleration at high speed (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=313361)

vilas66 6th June 2021 14:03

CDTi - wheel vibrations under heavy acceleration at high speed

Hello gents. I have my cdti Tourer whose wheels vibrates under heavy acceleration (mainly uphills) at 130 km/h and above. If I press the clutch vibration disappears instantly. Also, when leaving the throttle and giving again, looks like the entire transmission is swinging, just like a sudden disengagement/ engagement of torque.Wheels are right and extremely balanced. The engine mounts are ok. The car got 207000 kms on it's original DMF. I have just checked the shafts and they seems to be good as well. I I suspect a DMF almost gone but... who knows? Any thoughts before I do a guess game with my mechanic? Someone had or have the same issue? Thx

COLVERT 6th June 2021 21:55

Are you sure the bottom engine mount is OK ??------That's the one that can give that torque effect.

It runs 6th June 2021 22:10

This in my experience . Soon to be shot down by an expert ! Would sound like a possible drive shaft issu. Mine has 201800 miles on the clock and I suspect I have one on the way out . I currently do about 600 miles a week and above 85 on an incline I can feel a slight wobble . I have experiences this before and each time it was an inner CV joint

trikey 6th June 2021 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by It runs (Post 2885103)
This in my experience . Soon to be shot down by an expert ! Would sound like a possible drive shaft issu. Mine has 201800 miles on the clock and I suspect I have one on the way out . I currently do about 600 miles a week and above 85 on an incline I can feel a slight wobble . I have experiences this before and each time it was an inner CV joint

I’d agree with you on that one, the bearing in the long driveshaft can wear causing this.

vilas66 7th June 2021 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2885102)
Are you sure the bottom engine mount is OK ??------That's the one that can give that torque effect.

Yes! And, just to be sure, replaced with a new genuine one with a 'T' mark on it, but the one I removed was perfect

Avulon 7th June 2021 21:47

The other possibility not yet mentioned is the dreaded front arm rear bushes. Although these usually cause a 'clunk' when pulling away not dissimilar to failed bottom engine mount. It's worth mentioning that the bottom engine mount can look fine, until removed and examined closely, then the cracks in the rubber can be seen by using a rod through the eye at the big end and flexing the rubber.