The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Cruise Control Actuator Vacuum Hose (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309959)

phenonix 19th December 2020 02:35

Cruise Control Actuator Vacuum Hose

1 Attachment(s)
According to Rave the cruise control actuator is meant to have a vacuum hose.
After recently doing a head gasket change (on another thread i have going) i don't know if i've lost this, or even it it originally had one?

Anyone know if i'm meant to have one, what does it actually do, and where do it connect to?
Thanks

HarryM1BYT 19th December 2020 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by phenonix (Post 2854770)
According to Rave the cruise control actuator is meant to have a vacuum hose.
After recently doing a head gasket change (on another thread i have going) i don't know if i've lost this, or even it it originally had one?

Anyone know if i'm meant to have one, what does it actually do, and where do it connect to?
Thanks

I don't have a V6, but I will make a guess - The vacuum pipe should run from that actuator, to the intake manifold. If you have disturbed the head, you will have disturbed this pipe.

SD1too 19th December 2020 08:59

Quote:

Anyone know if i'm meant to have one ...

If your car was factory fitted with cruise control then yes, you are meant to have one.
Quote:

... what does it actually do ...

The vacuum hose carries vacuum from the vacuum pump to the actuator.
Quote:

... and where does it connect to?

The vacuum pump which you will find at the rear RH corner of the engine compartment (as viewed from the front seats).

Simon

COLVERT 19th December 2020 11:27

I have a diesel which has to have a vacuum pump.---I thought, like Harry, the petrol engines used the inlet manifold vacuum.---:shrug:

Teflon 19th December 2020 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2854839)
I have a diesel which has to have a vacuum pump.---I thought, like Harry, the petrol engines used the inlet manifold vacuum.---:shrug:

Nope, it's as Simon said, the pipe goes to a vacuum pump on the right hand side of the engine (down in the bowels of the engine bay).

Cliff

phenonix 19th December 2020 19:32

Any photo's or previous posts with photo's would be most appreciated of what it look like.
I'm having a search now.
I knew i had no hose's left over (bits and pieces) so i'm guessing the hose is still connected in the engine bay, i just need to re-connect it?

SD1too 19th December 2020 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2854839)
I thought, like Harry, the petrol engines used the inlet manifold vacuum.

Hi Jon,

The vacuum pump ensures that the actuator is controlled accurately to maintain the pre-set road speed. Inlet manifold vacuum wouldn't work because it is directly affected by throttle position which would be adjusted by inlet manifold vacuum which would change the throttle position which would ...... you get the picture! It would be like a howl-round (acoustic feedback) at a rock concert! :}

Simon

phenonix 20th December 2020 01:56

Thanks for offering advice, easy fix, hose was in plain sight, i just missed it, was dreading i would have to go into the manifold again, luckily not, thanks again.