The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Air bag condition. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=304819)

jackatesme 10th May 2020 15:15

Air bag condition.

Been looking at some old posts about air bag, AA recommends replacing air bag after 10/15 yrs. When i had a 12yr old Nissan last year it was called in for a replacement. Now i have a 16yr old rover,should i be worried.

marinabrian 10th May 2020 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2811740)
Been looking at some old posts about air bag, AA recommends replacing air bag after 10/15 yrs. When i had a 12yr old Nissan last year it was called in for a replacement. Now i have a 16yr old rover,should i be worried.

No need to worry at all ;)

Just enjoy the car :cool:

Brian :D

COLVERT 10th May 2020 17:47

Only if you have an accident.---:duh:

marinabrian 10th May 2020 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2811770)
Only if you have an accident.---:duh:

Well as you won't be able to buy an airbag newer than 15 years old John, it's rather pointless worrying about it ;)

So don't have an accident, or in risk management terms, be slightly safer than an Octogenarian "scraping the pegs" :cool:

SCP440 11th May 2020 09:23

Last year I found an old air bag in the garage from a Saab I had scrapped, it was over 20 years old so I thought I would see what would happen.

I placed it in the middle of my garden with some long wires to the connector. I was about 30 foot away and put the wires on a battery. SWMBO was not pleased at the noise and secondly I had an area of grass that was destroyed.:eek:.

markypicks 11th May 2020 10:01

i wouldn't worry about it john mines 18 years old and still has the original in as i am only the second owner and its 1st owner said its never been deployed im not worried so that's that rgds mark

bl52krz 11th May 2020 10:59

Why are you worried? Are you intending to go out looking for an accident? I know you are not really, but if we all worried about ‘what might happen’ we would all stop at home......................and the roof falls in. It’s called sodslaw.. I also realise it is not just down to your driving and anticipation, but to others reactions and common sense. Just enjoy your driving.......when you can at the moment.

bl52krz 11th May 2020 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2811786)
Well as you won't be able to buy an airbag newer than 15 years old John, it's rather pointless worrying about it ;)

So don't have an accident, or in risk management terms, be slightly safer than an Octogenarian "scraping the pegs" :cool:

Hey you..... leave us octogenarians out of it. You might be one if your lucky one day.:D:smilie_re::D

MissMoppet 11th May 2020 11:30

OK I agree with all that BUT if the bag blows, how do you get a replacement? Are they still available?

Number 6 11th May 2020 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMoppet (Post 2811923)
OK I agree with all that BUT if the bag blows, how do you get a replacement? Are they still available?

IF the bag blows you may not have a car to put a new one into..:shrug:;)