The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   **WARNING** All members please note.... NOW RESOLVED (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=247213)

Dragrad 17th June 2016 00:34

**WARNING** All members please note.... NOW RESOLVED

It has come to my attention, via the Contact Us, that some members have received e-mails purporting to come from the Club that their passwords have been changed....

Examples...

A suspect email has been received by me email advising me that my password has been changed by an administrator. It has a spelling error and has my user name as 'XXXXXXXZ' and not as ''
XXXXXXXX" . I suspect that I am not the only forum member that has received this email - it looks credible.

another.....

Hi. I've just received a mail from yourselves stating that my password has been reset. Is this mail genuine or scam mail?

We will never change your passwords without you first requesting us to do so. You can also change your passwords via the UserCP yourselves..

I am awaiting more info from the members to see what was actually sent to them.

I thought it was best to put this out here to warn you that unless you have requested a new password (as you may have forgotten your password) via the Contact Us ..... Then any such e-mail received is likely to be....

http://blog.fpweb.net/media/2013/02/...AM-325x321.png

Consign to the waste bin without opening :devil:

If you have requested a new password via the Contact Us then you would receive an e-mail similar to......

Your user name is …” xxxxxx “ (No quotes)

Your password has been reset to " xxxxxx " (NO QUOTES & CASE SENSITIVE) You may change this when you regain access to the Club forums via the UserCP.

Regards

The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Team

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited

Note the final part of the 'signature' which is appended to all our e-mails from the Contact Us :D

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO ANY SUCH UN-SOLICITED E-MAILS. :cool:

wullie480 17th June 2016 13:43

A bump to keep this up really think it should be a sticky for a wee while at least.

Or if possible an email or pm to all members making them aware.

Looks like scammers are trying to take advantage of a change in password protocol for some forums where they now require upper & lowercase as well as symbols & numbers by sending out spam emails to try to catch members unawares.

Heddy 17th June 2016 16:10

No e-mails regarding this from this forum. Had e-mail from .org saying they had changed my password but they've been having problems with hackers I believe :shrug:

Sidetops 17th June 2016 16:30

Received one this morning, guessed it was bogus so deleted it.

Dart2050 17th June 2016 16:41

I had an email which said it was from:

MG-Rover.org Forums
The address quoted is in Canada.

I decided it was some sort of scam and ignored I.

Worryingly it did quote the user name I use on here.:shrug:

Steve42 17th June 2016 18:12

Me too.
Had one from .org yesterday.

T-Cut 17th June 2016 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dart2050 (Post 2312510)
I had an email which said it was from:
MG-Rover.org Forums
The address quoted is in Canada.
I decided it was some sort of scam and ignored.

I believe VerticalScope, Canada now 'own' the MG-Rover.com forum. That's why all the ads there now talk in dollars and 'tires' and generally make for an untidy look - unless you pay to take them off. Or subscribe I should have said.
VerticalScope: http://www.verticalscope.com/
They're going through a tortuous rehash of members' passwords at the moment. Part of latest 'policy' apparently, but there's a bit of unhappiness about it. I've only just managed to get back on.

TC

FLYER 17th June 2016 19:00

re the closed threads by Dragrad.

As i cant post in those threads as they are closed i have to report i have recieved a similar E .Mail porporting to be from ORG along similar lines .

Not having used ORG for years you can draw your own conclusions.

Its a hack.

Phil-T4 17th June 2016 19:02

No, the ORG email is genuine ;)

wraymond 17th June 2016 19:03

The usual suspects?