The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What Have You Learned new today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309097)

Arctic 7th November 2020 22:47

What Have You Learned new today?

As human beings we all learn something new everyday, it may have something to do with our cars, our hobbies, our life, our surroundings, people we now, places we have been, or are even going to, our bodies, the list could go on.

But seeing that this is a car forum for our cars MGZT, R40 in any engine model, also cars that use our engines too, we will keep it to what have you learned new today about your car or how to do a certain job, from polishing it properly, to how to remove a stubborn bolt/nut, to adding silicone to your rubber door seals so when the frost comes the door will not stick.

Or even this below using foam pipe sleeves on your window wipers so they do not stick to your windscreen.

https://i.imgur.com/4Bi1UMbl.jpg1

Let us know what you have learned new today about your cars ;)

WillyHeckaslike 8th November 2020 00:43

I learnt that a 13mm black plastic hole filler cap is too small to use in lieu of the oem item which was stolen from one of my saloon's roof rail attachment points. I further learnt that a 16mm version is too big. :o

:smilie_re: Not giving up now as I'm in too deep so 15mm version now on order.

Phil th Barrow 8th November 2020 08:43

I learnt th other day that when i was checking for ground clearance on th under side of th car (i had to open th door whilst it was moving) th electric hand brake came on. Bit of a shock at first but then thought it was good safety measure.... I don't know how you would go on if you did it at speed though.!!!!

macafee2 8th November 2020 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil th Barrow (Post 2846888)
I learnt th other day that when i was checking for ground clearance on th under side of th car (i had to open th door whilst it was moving) th electric hand brake came on. Bit of a shock at first but then thought it was good safety measure.... I don't know how you would go on if you did it at speed though.!!!!

I think there is a clip on Youtube of a Range Rover doing what looks like a handbrake turn, I assume the handbrake was electronic, the car rolled.

macafee2

roverbarmy 8th November 2020 12:28

I learned today that I misread posts about cars!

Arctic 8th November 2020 12:34

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2846923)
I learned today that a lot of people do not understand the lockdown rules! :duh: Or maybe they are just ignoring them? :shrug:[/QUOTE

]

HI Mike.
I think we all learned that back in March :eek: also it is not car related, i am not having a go so please don't be offended :}

roverbarmy 8th November 2020 12:37

[QUOTE=Arctic;2846924]
Quote:

]

HI Mike.
I think we all learned that back in March :eek: also it is not car related, i am not having a go so please don't be offended :}
Oops! Sorry, missed the car related bit.:duh: Will edit my post!

postbasher 8th November 2020 14:09

lost mine too...to the garage doing the mot! really not good enough eh especially as its an ex rover garage...black tape doing a good job of keeping muck and water out at the mo

Arctic 8th November 2020 14:20

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by postbasher (Post 2846951)
lost mine too...to the garage doing the mot! really not good enough eh especially as its an ex rover garage...black tape doing a good job of keeping muck and water out at the mo

Hi Mark.
I was given the impression that the Halfords 13mm rubber grommets fit, a search may reveal all ;)

Teflon 8th November 2020 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2846955)
Hi Mark.
I was given the impression that the Halfords 13mm rubber grommets fit, a search may reveal all ;)

I tried them when my originals turned grey. They fit after a fashion and look fine, but the fit is a little too loose for my liking, so I put the originals back.

Cliff

Oh, and today, I learned you could use foam pipe sleeves to prevent your wipers sticking in winter :}