The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events and Meets (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   10th Anniversary RBR 2009 Stage 6 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=38080)

The Yellow Peril 14th May 2009 08:23

10th Anniversary RBR 2009 Stage 6

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

All participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for following traffic regulations and appropriate laws when traveling. Thanks.

Co-ordinators - Please use this thread to manage Stage 6, route, volunteers etc

Stage 6: Chester to Glasgow - Justmicky

James.uk 14th May 2009 13:28

If I meet JDC in Colwyn, then I could meet someone at the Jctn of the M6 M56 Nr Warrington. There is a truckstop Cafe Filling station there.

That covers the end of stage 5, (Colwyn to Chester) and the start of stage 6 from Chester to Warrington (M6).. Is that any help?

justmicky 14th May 2009 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by James.uk (Post 329250)
If I meet JDC in Colwyn, then I could meet someone at the Jctn of the M6 M56 Nr Warrington. There is a truckstop Cafe Filling station there.

That covers the end of stage 5, (Colwyn to Chester) and the start of stage 6 from Chester to Warrington (M6).. Is that any help?

Sounds good James, thanks for the help. I shall pencil you in for that run although final details will depend upon how many volunteers we get for our stage
Cheers

derekosb 14th May 2009 16:41

Hi Micky,

Myself and Scooterchick are hopefully co-ordinating Stage 7 (Glasgow to Edinburgh) so I thought I would pop on here to suggest a possible handover point on the M74.

I am conscious it is a long trip up from say Carlisle to Glasgow, to simply turn round and go back again, so unless the driver covering that leg is coming up to Glasgow anyway I woudl suggest we could start Stage 7 maybe halfway to Glasgow at somewhere like Abington services?

The services there are North and Southbound so you can turn around.

Just a thought to save a 200 mile round trip for the driver in that leg. You can let me know what you think?

Derek

justmicky 14th May 2009 16:55

Hi all,
Well lets get stage 6 under way which covers from Chester to Glasgow. All volunteers are welcome. As a general guide a direct route approach is preferred and we have a pretty direct route taking in the M56, M6 A74M and M74. However I think I am right in saying that this route is not set in stone and we can diversify if members in other areas feel the route should head in their direction a little. Please note though that there is an under lying time factor involved but all suggestions are up for discussion:

So far our stage volunteers are: -

Justmicky - coverage to be anounced
ace1977Ian - coverage to be anounced
James.UK - Possible Colwyn to M56/M6 Junction (J20)

Please let us know if you are able to help out and which area you would like to cover
Cheers

justmicky 14th May 2009 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekosb (Post 329295)
Hi Micky,

Myself and Scooterchick are hopefully co-ordinating Stage 7 (Glasgow to Edinburgh) so I thought I would pop on here to suggest a possible handover point on the M74.

I am conscious it is a long trip up from say Carlisle to Glasgow, to simply turn round and go back again, so unless the driver covering that leg is coming up to Glasgow anyway I woudl suggest we could start Stage 7 maybe halfway to Glasgow at somewhere like Abington services?

The services there are North and Southbound so you can turn around.

Just a thought to save a 200 mile round trip for the driver in that leg. You can let me know what you think?

Derek

Hi Derek,
Sounds great, will take that onboard. At the moment we shall see how many volunteers we get for our stage and who is willing to do what and get back to you accordingly

Cheers
Mike

derekosb 14th May 2009 17:00

No worries Mike, early days I know. Just thought it might suit better and offers some flexibility.

Derek

Merl 14th May 2009 23:10

PM Sent!!

Count me in! for some reason I had not got any notifications from the main thread so didnt realise how far this had jumped ahead :(

I can do whatever distance really depending on time of day or with notice I can just get up either earlier or later to avoid getting sleepy!!

If you need any help with the coordination let me know as would of offered earlier.

Cheers

Martin

The Yellow Peril 14th May 2009 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merl (Post 329490)
PM Sent!!

Count me in! for some reason I had not got any notifications from the main thread so didnt realise how far this had jumped ahead :(

I can do whatever distance really depending on time of day or with notice I can just get up either earlier or later to avoid getting sleepy!!

If you need any help with the coordination let me know as would of offered earlier.

Cheers

Martin

Sorry Merl, trying to keep an eye on all the action, I missed your earlier post. I'm sure Justmicky, the Stage co-ordinator will be along soon to welcome you on board, thanks

Andrew

Merl 14th May 2009 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yellow Peril (Post 329492)
Sorry Merl, trying to keep an eye on all the action, I missed your earlier post. I'm sure Justmicky, the Stage co-ordinator will be along soon to welcome you on board, thanks

Andrew

Yeah he has :) was his PM that got my attention again!! its all looking good now.

Ohh not sure if i have missed anything which is possible but a friend of mine was telling me about a OS mapping device thingy that tracks ur route and you can upload the info, not sure if it does real time.... So i can enquiry further about that for something to be used as a batton if interested?

Martin.