The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   See How Much Your Car Would Have Cost When New (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=48437)

Canonite 3rd March 2019 11:47

My Typhoon has everything except DVD.
Not including standard plus spec on ZT, mine comes to £31,135.
I always thought it must’ve been a very special order vehicle, the original buyer literally ticked every box on the options list. Only thing missing is DVD player and the drivers seat memory function.

marinabrian 3rd March 2019 12:07

The primertallic one would have cost just shy of 28000 new, I'm glad I didn't buy it new and have it be worthless four months later following the demise of MGR, when you couldn't give them away.

I recall looking at a brand new ZT=T 260 at Reg Vardy in the autumn of 2005, and with a full options pack, less than 200 miles on the clock.........it was priced at twelve grand :getmecoat:

Brian :D

kelvo 3rd March 2019 13:10

My 190SE would be just a nat's under £26k when new, it didn't originally have the SE pack but now has HK, memory seats, rear blind and powerfolds but I don't know how much more this pack would have been on top.

I reckon it's probably now the equivalent of a £30k+ spec car when it was new.

sworks 3rd March 2019 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2716230)
The primertallic one would have cost just shy of 28000 new, I'm glad I didn't buy it new and have it be worthless four months later following the demise of MGR, when you couldn't give them away.

I recall looking at a brand new ZT=T 260 at Reg Vardy in the autumn of 2005, and with a full options pack, less than 200 miles on the clock.........it was priced at twelve grand :getmecoat:

The Yellow 75 was built 48 hours before closure but that doesn’t count as the Phoenix Four paid for it at a probable reduced rate, however, the Cimerron 1800 nasp was registered 4 days before closure and thought to be the last 75 sold from our local dealer before MGR ceased trading, we are second owners. £16,812 with the only option of a wooden gear knob. As part of the last car allocations they received a V8 which I think sold for around 15k and is still local I believe...

I’m struggling to remember what is standard trim for the 75 tourer if anybody wants to work out what the original cost would of been?
April 2005
Rover 75 tourer
contemporary SE
Diesel cdti
Auto transmission
Sports suspension
Leather, heated memory sports trim
High line with changer
Premium front bumper
Star spokes
Luggage net
Premium mats
Painted waste trim, shiny sill trim
Painted trophy yellow when it wasn’t an option ( although somebody once said that they would paint the cars any colour you wanted for a fee )
Rapid response modifications to include
Extra blue lights
‘Battenburg’ decals
2 way radio kit

mileshawk56 3rd March 2019 16:06

My 54plate ZT V6Auto etc. misses out on T/Control and illuminated sunvizors only. Mind you when I got it there was a "birdsnest" Shannon tube, peeling paint front bumper, a defunct fan control thingy, and a dodgy waterpump. Mind you I forgive all those as it had electric folding mirrors, cruise control and a electric sunblind. I know the important things in life:D Its a lovely car and a treat to drive. Chris.S.

MSS 3rd March 2019 16:43

What you've all saved on your cars in insignificant compared with the potential savings over the same period if you ate just 25% less and turned the heating down to 18 degrees centigrade during the winter!

You'd also be healthier and could afford to spend mpore on the cars.

:};)

marinabrian 3rd March 2019 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2716283)
What you've all saved on your cars in insignificant compared with the potential savings over the same period if you ate just 25% less and turned the heating down to 18 degrees centigrade during the winter!

You'd also be healthier and could afford to spend mpore on the cars.

:};)

Yes that's a good idea, eat less, turn the heating down, save money to spend on the car.

Or have the heating set at a level that is comfortable, eat whatever you find pleasurable in moderation and spend what is necessary to keep the car running and in good order.

Or don't heat your house, eat bread and water, and run several cars.........what a grim thought :getmecoat:

I've just finished a plate of beef and green pepper in black bean sauce with fried rice, I don't have this often, but as a treat it's fine.

Ok now tell me about the dangers of MSG :getmecoat:

MSS 3rd March 2019 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2716357)

I've just finished a plate of beef and green pepper in black bean sauce with fried rice, I don't have this often, but as a treat it's fine.

By not indulging in such excesses for a few months, you could have had a rear curtain in the car, Brian. :D

marinabrian 3rd March 2019 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2716360)
By not indulging in such excesses for a few months, you could have had a rear curtain in the car, Brian. :D

What the one which goes up and down at the press of a button?...........it's got one already.

Come to think of it, I've got a car which has curtains for all windows too :drool4:

MSS 3rd March 2019 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2716364)
What the one which goes up and down at the press of a button?...........it's got one already.

Come to think of it, I've got a car which has curtains for all windows too :drool4:

You know, no one really likes a know it all, have it all, smart northerner! :p:

trikey 3rd March 2019 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2716364)

Mmmm Suntor ;)

marinabrian 3rd March 2019 20:10

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2716367)
You know, no one really likes a know it all, have it all, smart northerner! :p:

I know, and it only gets worse when you see what accessories were available with my other car :drool4:

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/a...1&d=1551647350

MSS 3rd March 2019 20:33

Nah - not impressed. That's so 1960's. :cool:

kelvo 3rd March 2019 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2716372)
I know, and it only gets worse when you see what accessories were available with my other car :drool4:

Well, it beats the leaping cat on a Jaguar or 'Spirit of Ecstasy' on a Roller...

genpk 4th March 2019 07:10

Geez, retail on a 75 Connie over here in Australia was about $80,000 Aud.
Just shows the devuation of cars, especially orphan brands.
Heck of alot of car for the current prices.

Teflon 4th March 2019 07:41

Quote:

Am I the only one cringing at the sight of those heels so near the paintwork? :eek::o

Cliff

clf 4th March 2019 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teflon (Post 2716425)
Am I the only one cringing at the sight of those heels so near the paintwork? :eek::o

Cliff

What heels? ;)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Teflon 4th March 2019 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2716450)
What heels? ;)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Yup, just me then. Note to self: Must get out more :o

Cliff

Jules 4th March 2019 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2716230)

If you'd have bought that Bri and kept the miles down you would have got yer money back selling it today !

Jules 4th March 2019 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatra Man (Post 2716191)
I see the ZT & ZT-T 260 V8 is only in the Mk.II listing. Mine's one of the 25 Mk.I ZT-T 260 V8s (one of 23 SE models) and the only one in Trophy Blue Metallic, the perfect colour for ZTs and ZT-Ts. I think she was a pretty standard 260 V8 SE without powerfolds or roof rails but with black leather heated electric (non-memory) seats, hi-line sat-nav and TV, rear electric windows, rain sensitive wipers and dimming interior mirror and I think the 18" "straights" were standard. Traction control wasn't available on the Mk.I and I don't believe any 260 V8s had cruise control and fuel consumption was missing from the info. display - and can guess why! I believe the X-Power exhausts were an option too and it was rumoured that the air dam was an X-Power extra as well but it might be an aftermarket accessory, along with the 78mm BBK throttle body (I have the original).

I've seen a brochure somewhere and believe she was around £35k new but cost me £6,500 back in October 2012 without the vanity plate (which I transferred, along with the roof rails, from my ZT-T 190+) I've since added powerfolds and she's obviously appreciating in value these days.

My Twilight Mk2 SE had cruise but none of them had MPG display.
You got to know the MPG by how fast the needle went down :cool:

Bogbrush82 4th March 2019 12:33

Quote:

Hmm. Wouldn't mind giving that a test drive!

Car's not too bad either! :D

edwardmk 5th January 2020 15:30

260 V8 cost

Lol. Generally speaking a car is much less expensive and more predictable.:D

I bought my 260 for £16999 in Nov 2005 just after Rover sadly went bust! Good discount on £28297 I felt. The car has been great. Let me down properly only once shortly after purchase (which turned out to be the petrol pump clip.)

Recently I went on 'webuyanycar.com' at a low point when I couldn't fix the boot leak. They offered under £1k for a car with a full service history in very good condition and full MOT. No wonder their CEO raked in £19million last year.

Because of the great help from so many members on this forum, I'm doing more of my own maintenance. I'm confident she's not depreciating and have no plans to sell. The car is now leak free and running very sweetly. Starts first time, no misfires.

Now just need to fix that wing mirror motor driver's side and track why the MIL has just come on!:shrug:

Comfortably Numb 5th January 2020 22:08

Well this thread has put a smile back on my face. Nice to know that in just over 2 years of ownership and 30,000 miles, my 2001 CDT Connie has cost me in purchase, repairs and maintenance, less than 1 tenth of its cost new.

ceedy 6th January 2020 09:04

Posted on this thread in 2009 :eek: and still got the old heap..:duh:;)

Jules 6th January 2020 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2785068)
Posted on this thread in 2009 :eek: and still got the old heap..:duh:;)

Same here.
Since 2008 still got our Ignition ZT with all the toys and Copperleaf Tourer with all the toys.

What I don't get is folk spending ££££'s then selling them rather than using them and getting their money's worth. :shrug:

RoyalBlue75 6th January 2020 18:42

I’ve been trying to find the Option shown in post 171 on Rimmers without success. Does anyone know the part number? or is it another of those extremely scarce Rover accessories such as the driver’s side cup holder, walnut handbrake grip and boot-mounted warning triangle?

Tam 12th November 2020 04:10

Just studied this thread but can't see any reference to a factory fitted towbar and electrics. I guess it was a dealer option? That is the only info i'm missing from mine! As it was a company car the towbar would've been done at factory or sent out to a local dealer and sent back to factory.

29/01/2005

ZT-T 190 se....... £26,892
PAINT................. £1,000
TRACTION............. £325
VOL. ALARM............£250

TOWBAR.............. ?????

MGR company car for a finance executive working directly under one of the infamous Phoenix 4, but the original owner didn't pay for it to start with. He did buy it from the administrators in May 2005 at roughly 4 months old for £9500 (now that was a bargain!) He then kept it for 8 years selling it to We Buy Any Car for £1200 in November 2013 :eek:.

Not sure what WBAC do with there stock, but probably auction? Next the car was sold with new belts etc. at a garage in Stafford for £3495 March 2014. Just months later it was sold on here for £2750.

Went off the road for 5 years whilst the engine was swapped, new belts, clutch, radiator, ac condensor and plenty other new bits.
Been back on road since August 2020 and i bought it for not very much in my opinion ;) (JUST over a grand)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...cb1a4b5b_c.jpg20201011_174826 by Tam Ogilvy, on Flickr
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...cb1a4b5b_c.jpghttp://<a href=https://flic.kr/p/2jZ...cb1a4b5b_c.jpg

bl52krz 12th November 2020 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tam (Post 2847687)
Just studied this thread but can't see any reference to a factory fitted towbar and electrics. I guess it was a dealer option? That is the only info i'm missing from mine! As it was a company car the towbar would've been done at factory or sent out to a local dealer and sent back to factory.

29/01/2005

ZT-T 190 se....... £26,892
PAINT................. £1,000
TRACTION............. £325
TOWBAR.............. ?????

MGR company car for a finance executive working directly under one of the infamous Phoenix 4, but the original owner didn't pay for it to start with. He did buy it from the administrators in May 2005 at roughly 4 months old for £9500 (now that was a bargain!) He then kept it for 8 years selling it to We Buy Any Car for £1200 in November 2013 :eek:.

Not sure what WBAC do with there stock, but probably auction? Next the car was sold with new belts etc. at a garage in Stafford for £3495 March 2014. Just months later it was sold on here for £2750.

Went off the road for 5 years whilst the engine was swapped, new belts, clutch, radiator, ac condensor and plenty other new bits.
Been back on road since August 2020 and i bought it for not very much in my opinion ;) (JUST over a grand)

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...cb1a4b5b_c.jpg20201011_174826 by Tam Ogilvy, on Flickr
https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...cb1a4b5b_c.jpghttp://<a href=https://flic.kr/p/2jZ...cb1a4b5b_c.jpg

Lovely colour. Yes checked my 2.5 KV6 75 Connie se auto. You can look it up what it was new. I paid £250 for it, 105.000 miles, now 108,000 miles and going strong.

coreystannard 24th February 2024 12:33

Mine seems to have been an Ex MGR Fleet car being registered on a BX Reg and having an MG Rover Fleet Tax Disc Holder.

Built April 2001

2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE = £21,515

Wheels: 15in Crown Style Wheels

Trim: Ash Grey / Sandstone

Paint: Wedgwood Blue Metallic (Heritage Paint) + £450

Options:

Automatic Transmission Gearbox = + £1,175
Xenon Pack (Xenon Gas Discharge Headlamps with Power Wash) = + £600
Volumetric Alarm = + £225
Wood Rim Steering Wheel = + £200

Accessories:

Standard Mats: £45