The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What album changed you as a teenager? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294903)

Jay 14th April 2019 02:21

What album changed you as a teenager?

That 1st album meant you had your own music?

Mine was Adam And The Ants - Kings of the Wild Frontier, when I was 10.
2nd at 14yrs Sex Pistols 'Never mind the 'Anarchy' ;)

FLYING BANANA 14th April 2019 04:22

1st Album was, and still a favourite, Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. I was aged about 13.
2nd album that completely changed my attitude to life is A Tribute to Ayrton Senna a musical documentary. Particular favourite track is Goodbye my friend by Karla Bonoff.

ricardo65 14th April 2019 06:15

1 Tubeway army blue album has great memories for me

2 Never mind the doo daas is the one that brought out the best in me

Still play both regular today 🤘🤘

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

BoroRover 14th April 2019 07:06

Tea For The Tillerman by Cat Stevens. A whole new genre , captivated me. :bowdown:

ratchet 14th April 2019 07:08

Excluding the awful Top of the pops albums an aunt used to buy me for Christmas (for the younger members these albums were badly done cover versions of the latest chart hits - sort of "Now" meets stars in their eyes) - I think the first album I bought myself was Live and Dangerous by Thin Lizzy - with Emerald being a particular favourite.

willshot 14th April 2019 07:20

In Rock - Deep Purple. There was no hope for me after that.:D:D:D:D

trikey 14th April 2019 07:22

The incredible shrinking dickies, Californian punk rock at its finest, I had just started secondary school and this album got me through the first years.

Lancpudn 14th April 2019 08:08

What an hard question! I love all genres of music especially rock but the first thing that came into my head and I thought WOW! as a teenager was "Abbey rd" the Beatles. :D

Simondi 14th April 2019 08:20

My first album was Adam and the Ants, Kings of the Wild Frontier.

The album that changed me though was Number of the Beast , Iron Maiden.

I love and listen to a wide variety of music but since the Beast, metal has ,is and shall be my favourite

planenut 14th April 2019 08:35

It is interesting what actually affects one. We are no doubt influenced by the music our parents played, and I think a lot of the albums that have the greater influence, are those that possibly, those parents would not have ever listened to.

So, in turn, our own children are affected by our choice.

My first album came about because I could afford to buy a record for myself, but my tastes are extremely varied.

It would be an interesting exercise for each of us to post a link to our favourite so that others can sample it.