The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bonnet rust opinion (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=278592)

slovcan 25th January 2018 20:31

Bonnet rust opinion

Hi folks,

I may have found a 75 to buy. It all looks good in the ad with fairly low miles and a lot of new parts installed. The one thing that I am a bit disappointed with is the hood - oops, bonnet :D . There seems to be some rust over the right headlight. Now, I can't do attachments (maybe because I'm new?), but here is a link to a picture I put on Photobucket. It is from the online ad and I cropped it so poor quality, but you'll get the idea.

Is it worth repairing or just get a good used hoo :duh: , I mean bonnet and paint it to match?

If you can't see it from the link can you let me know, please, and I'll put it on google. Photobucket has been iffy lately.

Cheers,
Glenn

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...psjh8ghb20.jpg

planenut 25th January 2018 20:40

I have had that before, and it is particularly difficult to get rid of due to the structure around that area. If you were able to get another bonnet it would be good, though on mine, it did not seem to increase much.

It is certainly not something to avoid a good vehicle for though.

Good luck.

neilll 25th January 2018 20:41

Hi,
Not sure where you are but I waited for a bonnet/hood for mine in the correct colour, I eventually got one in the correct colour for £25. Bargain as far as i`m concerned.
Neil

madeupname 25th January 2018 20:43

hood/trunk bonnet/boot. I think we are multilingual enough on here to understand your butchery of the Inglish language :D (joking of course)
The main problem with sorting out the rust yourself will be getting the paint to match so that the repair isn't obvious.
Although you could get every speck of rust, and chips/scratches, sorted out and re-spray the car :shrug:

planenut 25th January 2018 20:46

There is something that suggests Glenn is a little further afield.

marinabrian 25th January 2018 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2588528)

He might live in Halifax :shrug:

Brian :D

slovcan 25th January 2018 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by planenut (Post 2588528)

:D Yes, there is a pond between us - a big one! That same pond is between me and the car in the picture, as well. We will start spending our summers in Europe this year. I think I can get a hood if need be, but I'm sure it will be a different colour.

Glad to hear it is not a reason to reject the car - diesel Tourer.

Cheers,
Glenn

marinabrian 25th January 2018 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by slovcan (Post 2588530)
:D Yes, there is a pond between us - a big one! That same pond is between me and the car in the picture, as well. We will start spending our summers in Europe this year. I think I can get a hood if need be, but I'm sure it will be a different colour.

Glad to hear it is not a reason to reject the car - diesel Tourer.

Cheers,
Glenn

Paint code should be GMN, looks like white gold to me Glenn, but I would imagine you can get a decent bonnet in the same colour relatively easily if the car is in the UK at the minute ;)

slovcan 25th January 2018 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2588534)
Paint code should be GMN, looks like white gold to me Glenn, but I would imagine you can get a decent bonnet in the same colour relatively easily if the car is in the UK at the minute ;)

Thanks Brian. The paint code might come in handy if we get the car. It is in Slovakia. I hope to know something after the weekend.

Cheers,
Glenn

trikey 25th January 2018 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2588534)

I happen to have two bonnets in that colour ;)