The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Members Cars For-Sale (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Needs must... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=199583)

SirRustalot 2nd November 2014 10:29

Needs must...

75 Contemporary SE. (with no seat bolster rips etc)

Regrettably, I have no choice now but part with one of my cars. As many of you will know, I gave up a life of journalism to teach. As a full-time, one-year postgrad student I have absolutely no income and rely on my wife, our savings and the income from a bijou of dwarves that manufacture unicorn poop that we keep in the cellar.

My uni/teaching workload is high and I have a number of academic essays to complete in a very short timeframe. Yesterday, mid-sentence, my desk Mac threw a seven and emitted smoke from within. It's old and been repaired several times and now it's time to replace it. Moving to use my Macbook which I use for Uni as it's mobile and is synced to my desk machine, it too took a turn for the worse and died an unceremonious death. Both were ancient. I'm not going the PC route for a bunch of reasons and really need like-for-like replacements. And I need them, like NOW. Consequently, I'm forced to part with Seafrost. I've decided to keep the ZT-T for the time being as I have a grander plan for that.

Timing-wise, this is bad as, to add to that, we dipped heavily into our savings and bought a new(ish) VW golf Tdi which made perfect sense to us for a plethora of personal reasons, and, thus, I'd rather sell my 75 to fund the replacement Mac than dip any further. This will please my wife.

From a forum member, I will take a swift £1950 but that is without the head unit and all put back to Highline HK spec.

Everything done to it. Belts, new tyres, new clutch, various upgrades etc etc. You know this car and it's used daily to Aberdeen and back. Many have seen it and commented so I know she's a good 'un.

Sorry, Anna, timing is wrong. I was holding off as didn't want to compete with your own sale of similar.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps5223a6b9.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psde212909.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psf10b9f74.jpg

More pics if you need 'em.

lady zed 2nd November 2014 12:10

Don't worry about it, good luck with sale x

doopydug 2nd November 2014 12:45

One of THE nicest 75s I have ever seen in the flesh - a true beauty and I am not just saying that lightly !!

Coups 2nd November 2014 13:06

Ive had the pleasure of seeing this car in the flesh on one of Sir Rustalots commutes up the east coast of Scotland. The pictures do not do it justice! It is absolutely stunning in one of the nicest colours I've seen. Good luck with the sad sale.

coab 2nd November 2014 13:50

Good luck! As has happened to many of us things change and we have to sell one of our cars to meet circumstances. You have put a lot of time and effort into this car lets hope it goes to a member on here.
In the future you can always build the fleet up again.:D

r44flyer 2nd November 2014 15:53

What's the mileage?
I assume it has been serviced well?
How much MOT?
Does it have cruise?
Any additional photos?

What is the price as is, with headunit etc?

SirRustalot 2nd November 2014 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by r44flyer (Post 1830574)
What's the mileage?
I assume it has been serviced well?
How much MOT?
Does it have cruise?
Any additional photos?

What is the price as is, with headunit etc?

Well serviced with service record, original owners manual, ten months MOT, cruise and every extra (heated seats, electric sunroof etc etc). Head unit can be left in by separate negotiation. These cost quite a bit of money, as you'll already be aware. Loads of pics available but then it starts to get a bit 'samey'.

r44flyer 2nd November 2014 16:02

Interior photos is all I was after really. The outside looks clean and straight.

Which model of headunit is it?

SirRustalot 2nd November 2014 16:09

Head unit is from the Prima 3 series but I don't know the actual model identifier. All I know is that it works magnificently. It's a Radioguy unit.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psec7c92f7.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps8ece74be.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps71991c4a.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps0a3f21df.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps4e046a69.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps7f526101.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psf10b9f74.jpg

r44flyer 2nd November 2014 16:20

Thank you.

That isn't a tow ball in the bag by the spare wheel is it?

r44flyer 2nd November 2014 16:25

The headunit isn't an android one is that right?

SirRustalot 2nd November 2014 19:27

No, it's never towed. It's a mobile diagnostics gadget I keep in the car in case I come across anyone broken down which tells me their error codes etc. I also carry a yellow rotating hazard light. I can't drive by someone broken down - I have to help them, in the spirit of good motoring practise.

Oh, mileage is just under 110k. Drives perfectly, probably like new.

SirRustalot 2nd November 2014 20:32

Headunit is WinCE.

It's pretty fab, I must say.

Big_GT 2nd November 2014 22:06

This is a cracking car ladies and Gents, Had the pleasure of being in it and it truly is one of the nicest 75 Tourers i've ever seen ..

Good Luck with the sale Brian, if i had the funds i'd buy it in a second.

SirRustalot 3rd November 2014 16:47

Thanks, folks, for the kind comments.

cossie dunc 3rd November 2014 20:20

Having worked on the car I can honestly say it's a very well looked after example and a credit to its owner

If your in the market for a well spec'd v6 tourer they don't get much better

SirRustalot 4th November 2014 19:42

This needs to go this weekend.

doopydug 4th November 2014 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1832479)
This needs to go this weekend.

Pop it on gumtree mate - probably sell faster

lady zed 4th November 2014 21:41

Mine is on Gumtree, had a couple of offers, too low naturally but at least I've had offers. Give it a go :}

SirRustalot 5th November 2014 20:07

Done and DONE!

doopydug 5th November 2014 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1833368)
Done and DONE!

I am not sure if that is good or bad?

SirRustalot 5th November 2014 20:50

Why do you think that?

doopydug 5th November 2014 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1833403)
Why do you think that?

On one hand, it could mean that you have sold it but on the other, you may mean that you have been done i.e. forced to sell it too low or, worse, been conned?

Tam 6th November 2014 03:48

Well I spotted the car for sale last week on Gumtree so possibly just means he's done the Gumtree bit . And done with the low offers :}
Stunning car I had hoped to spot it on its travels through my area at some point, hope it goes to a worthy home.

SirRustalot 6th November 2014 06:29

Yes, I put an ad up but then removed it as I really wanted it to go to a forum member. Since nobody bit, I put it back up on Gumtree.

lady zed 6th November 2014 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1833531)
Yes, I put an ad up but then removed it as I really wanted it to go to a forum member. Since nobody bit, I put it back up on Gumtree.

You had any ridiculous offers yet?

Yella Fella 6th November 2014 12:01

Such a nice looking machine :} Dont know about that Gumtree ad though. It might frighten some buyers away :eek: :frightened:

Coups 6th November 2014 13:43

I loved the Gumtree ad! Having had some shockers come around for cars I've sold it should keep the clowns away while attracting the serious buyers.......give you £500?

SirRustalot 6th November 2014 18:10

No offers whatsoever. Not even silly ones, save the car dealership who offered me the round sum of £150 as trade-in.

I like to filter out the idiots in my ads. Seems to work. I'm keen to sell to a non-idiot. I sold a car to an idiot a long time ago and he was no end of problems. Thus, I employ idiot filters to full effect. That's a lot of use of the word 'idiot'.

Gumtree, for some reason, yields a lot of numpties and time-wasters. Still, it can be an effective tool for selling stuff but one has to be careful.

And there you have it.

SirRustalot 6th November 2014 19:55

First silly offers, via Bumtree.

#1 "Will you be prepared to take £500? You don't need it now anyway."

#2 "Can trade you a petrol lawnmore (sic) and £300. Let me know if your (sic) interested.

SirRustalot 6th November 2014 20:24

Latest...

"Can paye (sic) you 500 at the weekend but can paye (sic) the rest over the next cuple (sic) of months. Need the car for wekend.(sic). That oaky?"

Aye, right.

Atcchus 6th November 2014 21:24

That's a one nice looking tourer and its well equipped . Aww that Seafront blue what a wonderful colour . I wish I could afford to run a V6 . Good luck with the sale and little bump .

SirRustalot 7th November 2014 21:53

Currently getting 45mpg average. That can't be right, surely? Should be, like, 3mpg, or something.

You're right though, for the extra cash cost of running the V6, the rewards are full and plenty. Heated seats on the way to work just set one up for a spiffingly nice day.

And let us not forget the delightful engine growl.

SirRustalot 7th November 2014 22:09

Latest Bumtree response:

"Nice car. I can only offer you £350. I know it's not what you're looking for but I really like the car. Please consider my offer. Thanks."

Kennyeth 8th November 2014 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1834963)
Latest Bumtree response:

"Nice car. I can only offer you £350. I know it's not what you're looking for but I really like the car. Please consider my offer. Thanks."

Some people are soooo damned insulting :mad:
Ken.

SirRustalot 8th November 2014 10:51

The world is full of chancers.

SirRustalot 8th November 2014 11:34

One from this morning:

"Will you take £450 and maybe we can work something out?"

Wonder what he/she has in mind?

SirRustalot 8th November 2014 16:25

Chap came today. Drove the car, poked under the bonnet, played with all the toys, rifled through the paperwork, confirmed visually there is two keys, asked loads of Qs (mostly about the head unit) and then drove it again on the dual carriageway as if he was planning on robbing a bank and was keen to see if it would make a good getaway car.

Then offered me £350 for it.

Then he saw the ZT-T after enquiring what was under the cover.

£900, for both. Cash.

:getmecoat:

lady zed 8th November 2014 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1835354)
Chap came today. Drove the car, poked under the bonnet, played with all the toys, rifled through the paperwork, confirmed visually there is two keys, asked loads of Qs (mostly about the head unit) and then drove it again on the dual carriageway as if he was planning on robbing a bank and was keen to see if it would make a good getaway car.

Then offered me £350 for it.

Then he saw the ZT-T after enquiring what was under the cover.

£900, for both. Cash.

:getmecoat:

That's mental. I've had an email offer of £1200 and then they didn't show up and another email offer of £1000 which I refused. Still haven't had any viewers. Had a few dodgy texts asking me to email more pictures to dodgy email addresses which I've ignored. It's a minefield.

Petetourer 8th November 2014 17:18

People really do take the pee!!!

Who in their right mind views a car for that price and then offers £350.00. :mad:

I could offer £500.00 cash, but would at least have the decency to offer you a free 75 Connie SE CDTi in Wedgwood as well!!! :D:D:D

SirRustalot 8th November 2014 17:46

Tax is up at the end of the month. Might just SORN and store it.

Fella coming tomorrow but my gut tells me he's a timewaster. He's asking all the wrong Qs. eg: What size are the wheels? How many watts is the stereo?

Diggles 8th November 2014 22:39

Are people really offering £350 for a car that's advertised at £1,950?

SirRustalot 8th November 2014 22:41

Yep. No idea why.

murphyv310 9th November 2014 09:05

Sadly I didn't win the lottery last night so I can't buy yours and scooterchicks tourers. Being serious though both cars should have sold by now. My feeling is that you never get your money back on a well loved and looked after car, you and I want it right and want a fair return for the car when selling, unfortunately the buyer will always want a bargain and even if the car is mint with more paperwork than a bank has will only offer you bottom book, its human nature!
Id do my utmost to keep it if possible, buy your new Mac on tick and when you have started teaching pay it off.
Good luck

SirRustalot 9th November 2014 10:06

I did think about that but I'm not keen on HP. Still, might come to it. I get a hefty discount on Apple stuff with my student status as it is so what I pay back may be a lot less than I could estimate.

Chap actually turned up today to look at the car. Didn't even sit in it. Didn't like the colour - the same colour as the pics on Bumtree. What was he expecting, I wonder? People are very odd sometimes!

sjc 9th November 2014 10:38

Unfortunately, along with the already ( unfounded) image of the brand, the market for a petrol thirsty estate especially with a manual gearbox is miniscule. It's case of having to sit tight for "that" buyer, but not everyone has the time to do that unfortunately.
Someone will get a cracking car, same no doubt with Scooterchicks.

Paulifa1 9th November 2014 11:26

Unfortunately it's also getting into the worst time of the year to sell a car...

murphyv310 9th November 2014 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulifa1 (Post 1835854)
Unfortunately it's also getting into the worst time of the year to sell a car...

Very true.
Not a sellers time of the year but a buyers paradise :D

SirRustalot 9th November 2014 15:36

Yeah, bad time of year.

I had one lad this afternoon but he was more interested in the ZT-T. Said he was going to look at another 75 in Glasgow (red one). Anna?

Probably just SORN it now at the end of the month and garage it. Might end up being a time capsule.

lady zed 9th November 2014 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1835974)
Yeah, bad time of year.

I had one lad this afternoon but he was more interested in the ZT-T. Said he was going to look at another 75 in Glasgow (red one). Anna?

Probably just SORN is now at the end of the month and garage it. Might end up being a time capsule.

No wasn't mine :(

SirRustalot 12th November 2014 21:58

Just getting idiots now. I'm not even answering their emails.

Looks like I'm keeping it.

SirRustalot 13th November 2014 19:35

Couple came tonight. Absolutely loved the car! Then tried to beat me down to £650.

They took the bus home.

lady zed 13th November 2014 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1839722)
Couple came tonight. Absolutely loved the car! Then tried to beat me down to £650.

They took the bus home.

:shrug:Unbelievable.

bl52krz 15th November 2014 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1835411)
Tax is up at the end of the month. Might just SORN and store it.

Fella coming tomorrow but my gut tells me he's a timewaster. He's asking all the wrong Qs. eg: What size are the wheels? How many watts is the stereo?

Has it got a roof? Are the tyres round and straight? Does the horn work?Can i try it out for a week?There must be a word for these people. Probably the same people who come to look at your house when its up for sale and offer £30,000 below what your asking. That was asked of a friend of mine the other week " because we dont really like this area and the council tax is rather high".

SirRustalot 16th November 2014 17:17

I'm quite busy at the moment but I allowed a lad to view my 75 this afternoon. I checked with him if he was aware of the price. He was. Great, now we know where we stand.

He came, drove at length and liked the car to the point that he let his bored wife drive home in their present car, leaving himself with me and the 75. Thinking this is a done deal, I went to get the paperwork. I'm not overly-excited about selling what is, effectively, my pride and joy, but, as I said, needs must. Jeez, that's a lot of commas. Anyhoo...

Returned to find an excited patron who is, I'm assuming, sorting out something insurance-related on his phone while playing with the satnav. Admittedly, it's looking good.

Puts phone way, and then we talk money. He makes me an offer and it's do-able from my end adjusting for minus a tank of fuel and the DD all-in-one rough value as he didn't want it. Don't forget, this is from the Gumtree ad and not the Forum User price which is a lot less. Things are tingling on my body and I'm resisting the desire to call it all off since it will be like losing an arm to me. All I have to do is put the original Hi-line unit back in (ten minutes) and away we go. And this I do while he works his way through a pack of chocolate digestives and a cup of Earl Grey.

Then he says: 'How much is diesel around here anyway? I may just fill up here for work tomorrow.'

Puzzled, I enquire why he asks?

He looks at me as if I'm having some kind of stroke or in much the same way that a child would give you a look after you stated something obvious; "This is a diesel car, right?"

And in the space of ten seconds it all fell through.

His wife returned an hour later to collect him, during which time we fell upon small talk including the price of diesel while listening to sections of Pink Floyd, The Wall on vinyl. Which he liked.

Avulon 16th November 2014 17:34

Smoothest diesel in the world innit? :duh::duh::duh:

Revs well an'all :D

How about £500 :getmecoat:

I hope you do find the right buyer soon. It's never a seller's market when you need it to be though; is it?

Yella Fella 17th November 2014 11:56

Good job he asked. He could have driven off and filled it with diesel!

Sounds like you are attracting a loada numpties.

p2roverman 18th November 2014 23:11

I hope you are able to keep your car for the future rather than sell it for less than its true value, likewise it's a shame Anna (Scooterchix) has to part with hers. Fortunately there are a few of us who prefer petrol estates to diesel, and when comparing specs the consumption difference is not that great, petrol is less poluting too, a fact which may eventually adjust fuel prices, one hopes. (Have been running Volvo 240s for years).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjc (Post 1835820)
Unfortunately, along with the already ( unfounded) image of the brand, the market for a petrol thirsty estate especially with a manual gearbox is miniscule.

Just probably paid too much for one myself which has yet to have the club recommended upgrades done, vis motors etc, so may even buy a similar one for spares, much though i dislike breaking cars on principal.

SirRustalot 20th November 2014 20:34

Keyed

Took my Tourer to work today as I had a challenging day ahead and wanted a relaxing drive to set me up for it. Came out after a hard day to find someone keyed the rear passenger door quite badly. Most of it T-cutted out but it's still visible.

Repair or sell now at a reduced cost?

SirRustalot 24th November 2014 18:04

Give me £4500 and I'll throw in a pretty clean ZT-T. with 10 months MOT.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ps948174e0.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psf17491d4.jpg

SirRustalot 25th November 2014 11:36

Okay, I'll throw in the desk lamp and the briefcase

(Monty Python gag)

SirRustalot 26th November 2014 07:27

Seriously? No interest?

LeRich 26th November 2014 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1850649)
Seriously? No interest?

Very surprising she's not sold yet. Part-ex for a ZT CDTi auto? :poke:

SirRustalot 28th November 2014 08:28

I'm more interested in clearing my drive than taking on other cars. Thanks anyway.

Still might keep the ZT-T 190, though. Unless persuaded otherwise.

SirRustalot 28th November 2014 23:08

My wife's car is not meeting current requirements and even though it's only a 57' plate car (Ford Ka) with only 27k miles on it and one previous owner (her mother) it's worth tuppence as trade-in. Thus, I am talking to a local dealer about taking in both my 75 and ZT-T there for trade-in over the weekend as my wife's got her eye on a Baby Blue FIAT 500. It'll be a Rover/MG convoy but be interesting to see what he'll give me for them. He liked the pics very much, especially the ZT-T.

Anyway, the point being that although I'd have liked my cars to go to forum members, it ain't happening any time soon and I'm sick of tripping over a driveful of cars to get my garage door open and operating a large-scale version of car Solitaire to get near my conservatory doors. Yeah, I know, I can smell the smell of a burning martyr too but I'm just being practical and more economical as there are two fine cars sitting there that could be used as some form of capital.

If all goes according to plan, my wife will look like every other lady motorist in Edinburgh and be driving a FIAT 500, plus I will have my front drive back.

The Ka will probably be donated to a family member. Or dumped in the canal. Whichever comes first.

A19_Graham 28th November 2014 23:10

Sad news,

I'd be interested to see what is offered trade value.

Usually laughable.

Good luck with the trade.

markm1741 29th November 2014 10:37

re trade in's

yes me also don't do the deal as im interested in con se estate at a good cash price but also wish to know trade in value if you wish you car squeeze ka in boot as well

rgds
mark

sjc 29th November 2014 12:56

Is the ZT-T for sale as well then?
If so what's the spec and price please?

SirRustalot 29th November 2014 23:12

Interesting day.

The dealer absolutely loved both cars. Especially the ZT-T. He (and I say this via suspicion mixed with complete pride and agreement) thought they were the best examples he'd seen for a long time. Consequently, he offered me my asking price for the 75 Seafrost and more than I expected for the ZT-T, which he thought was 'amazing'. Frankly, I was slightly embarrassed by his enthusiasm and suspicious of his praise. Having said that, he was honest enough with me in the end and informed me that he already had a customer for the red ZT-T and may use the 75 as a personal runabout in the meantime. He even told me what he'd stick them on the forecourt for price-wise for general sale, which we thought was a bit foolhardy but yet enlightening. Seemed confident enough that the 75 would go in no time ( the spec and colour were 'correct') and, as he said, he already had a customer lined up for the ZT-T. (who is, apparently, 'gagging' to see it in the flesh).

The only fly in the ointment is that he based these prices against a finance deal which I'm not going to entertain since we owe nowt' to nobody and his assumption, consequently, skewed his estimates.

We're sitting on it for the time being. We could do all this tomorrow but we're the kind of people that only buy if we can afford it and this does not include taking on finance. I addressed the knackered Macbook gig (see original post) the other week and just took a further dip into our savings and now our needs are different, but we suspect that any finance deal offered today will take into account the trade-in value and we'll be paying *him* to take the cars in the long run.

He called this evening (twice) wanting to know if we're further forward with a decision so I know he's wanting the cars (or finance package). So, I'm currently working my way through a bottle of Aberlour in the hope that I can arrive at some kind of conclusion this evening/early morning.

Avulon 30th November 2014 00:30

If he (the dealer) seems so sure of selling at some highly inflated price, then if you believe him, I'd say go all out with blanket advertising both in the local press (whatever you have up there) and online, hit up on all the main car websites with some good photo's if you haven't already. Of course he might've been full of horse muck and doing exactly as you suspect, i.e. loading the deal in his favour by making back any losses on the finance deal - Just send the rover and ztt to auction as soon as the deal is done.

ducatiman 30th November 2014 01:32

.... Or you could take the finance deal and the great trade in prices he is offering and then just cleat the finance after the first month or so.

Job done !

SirRustalot 30th November 2014 08:01

...which is exactly what we'll be doing.

markm1741 30th November 2014 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1853595)
Interesting day.

The dealer absolutely loved both cars. Especially the ZT-T. He (and I say this via suspicion mixed with complete pride and agreement) thought they were the best examples he'd seen for a long time. Consequently, he offered me my asking price for the 75 Seafrost and more than I expected for the ZT-T, which he thought was 'amazing'. Frankly, I was slightly embarrassed by his enthusiasm and suspicious of his praise. Having said that, he was honest enough with me in the end and informed me that he already had a customer for the red ZT-T and may use the 75 as a personal runabout in the meantime. He even told me what he'd stick them on the forecourt for price-wise for general sale, which we thought was a bit foolhardy but yet enlightening. Seemed confident enough that the 75 would go in no time ( the spec and colour were 'correct') and, as he said, he already had a customer lined up for the ZT-T. (who is, apparently, 'gagging' to see it in the flesh).

The only fly in the ointment is that he based these prices against a finance deal which I'm not going to entertain since we owe nowt' to nobody and his assumption, consequently, skewed his estimates.

We're sitting on it for the time being. We could do all this tomorrow but we're the kind of people that only buy if we can afford it and this does not include taking on finance. I addressed the knackered Macbook gig (see original post) the other week and just took a further dip into our savings and now our needs are different, but we suspect that any finance deal offered today will take into account the trade-in value and we'll be paying *him* to take the cars in the long run.

He called this evening (twice) wanting to know if we're further forward with a decision so I know he's wanting the cars (or finance package). So, I'm currently working my way through a bottle of Aberlour in the hope that I can arrive at some kind of conclusion this evening/early morning.

well if we return to original advert 6 pages ago, it was with regret I need to sell Seafrost to fund a MAC book ? as pennies are lacking. we have now moved forward to zt-t being mentioned then too chopping both in and getting I'm blown away "snigger" inflated px prices with so called dealer stating " I've got a punter gagging for that car?" with you then having to spend money on top with finance.

when this advert started out ( As needs must) with you needing to sell to spend on a Mac book. it seems a never ending story going on here to keep seafrost at top of sales listings
:group:

SirRustalot 30th November 2014 10:15

It doesn't matter now what you think. They're both gone.

For the record:

Thread view: 6,355

SirRustalot

Rover 75 2.5 Tourer Hi-Line, 2.5 ZT-T in Solar Red with Monaco interior.

Markm1741

1 of only 2 MG ZT-T V6 SE's "yes it's Moody blue"

A19_Graham 30th November 2014 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirRustalot (Post 1853700)
...which is exactly what we'll be doing.

Just check the small print (although I'm sure you wont need telling this), sometimes there is a hefty penalty if you pay off early.

They even load the interest to the start sometimes.

Glad your'e sorted, even if it didn't go where you wanted it to.

DerekS 30th November 2014 12:56

Fiat 500 you said ?? Seen watchdog (bbc) ... Hope there are no hills in Edinburgh . :o

markm1741 30th November 2014 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerekS (Post 1853854)
Fiat 500 you said ?? Seen watchdog (bbc) ... Hope there are no hills in Edinburgh . :o

at least when its at the top you can roll down :}

SirRustalot 30th November 2014 14:53

No penalties on quick repayment. In fact, removing the compound interest with prompt payment, I'm virtually paying zero percent.

She went for the Abarth instead. Thus, hills won't be an issue. Or racetracks.

Thanks for all your comments.

Case closed.