The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What make of discs (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=294774)

Garry k 9th April 2019 17:15

What make of discs

Hi all it’s mot time again for my zt 2.0 diesel and its in need of new disc & pads all round. So i though I’d ask if anyone could recommend the best make for our cars been looking on eBay a lot to choose from or should I just order from Rimmer Bros as this is my every day use car

Cheers Gary

Lee T 9th April 2019 17:21

I have gotten 4 years from a Borg and Beck disc and pad set so far, 40,000+ miles. So I'd recommend them. Lee.

Sheraton 9th April 2019 17:29

How'do Gary

Brembo discs/pads front/rear - full set £175 from Eurocarparts with current spring discount.

I have Eicher Rear Discs/Pads and Brembo Front Discs/Pads to fit to my Car - Currently on Eicher front Discs with Borg&Beck Pads and Borg&Beck rear Discs/Pads.

I had Borg&Beck front Discs warp relatively Quickly - the Eicher Discs seem decent - I've yet to experience the Brembo - the Quality seems Good tho :)

Paul.

bl52krz 9th April 2019 17:38

Delphi disc’s And pads on mine. No squealing brake pads on mine, or rust. Two years now.

MSS 9th April 2019 19:18

I have always used TRW on all my cars and am/have been perfectly happy with them.

TRW were the items in the MGR blue boxes with SLP codes.

Gino 9th April 2019 20:00

I'm not sure where I got my front discs & pads, DMGRS I think, and I've not had any issues in two years they've been fitted.
I fitted EBC discs & pads to the rear last year - they are balanced as axle sets - maybe expensive but seem very good.
At my mot in January the tester complimented me on how effective my brakes were! :}
When I next do my front brakes I'm going to go with EBC again.

Rob

SCP440 9th April 2019 20:06

Up until 6 months ago I would have said Mintex, the last set I had from a reputable supplier are rubbish. The discs go rusty overnight ( it normally takes a couple of days) and I noticed this week they are already ridged and they have only done 4k miles.

My next ones will be Apec, Delphi or Borg and Beck.

The problem is a lot of them are made from scrap and we are our won worse enemies always asking for cheaper parts not quality.

I wonder what make Halfords use with there lifetime warranty?

Vossy 9th April 2019 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mss (Post 2725617)
I have always used TRW on all my cars and am/have been perfectly happy with them.

TRW were the items in the MGR blue boxes with SLP codes.

TRW discs and pads all round on my ZT, very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russlok 9th April 2019 21:01

I fitted TRW and genuine pads not sure what make was fitted by previous owner but it never stopped like it does now.

ZedTeeT 9th April 2019 21:37

M-Tech discs available on ebay along with EBC Greenstuff pads is a winning combo, well I think it is anyway.