The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   M6DLY's MG ZT-T Progress Thread (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=280232)

Odd Job 23rd January 2020 11:42

I've done many a "K" series, I've never left them with open covers.
Just my preference and paranoia to avoid anything getting into where it shouldn't be.
Not sure I would take the risk with any engine tbh.

Odd Job 23rd January 2020 15:26

Totally up to you.
Just my preference.

Sheraton 24th January 2020 11:29

:cool: it's encouraging to read threads like this - seeing a little of how others have dealt with certain maintenance/repair issues can be a big help r.e the Practicalities and even just Motivation :D

I need to tackle the Corrosion on my Car soon - Subframes, Rear Arms, Fuel Tank Straps etc...

How are your Pistons after Contact with the Valves ?

I had (pretty much) the same thing happen with my 1.8t - when i removed the Cylinder Head, Piston 4 was visibly damaged (material missing) it wasn't until i removed the Pistons that i found Piston 3 was also damaged between the Ringlands :eek:

I got lucky - my initial plan was just replace the Head with a Brand New Head and valves - which changed to New Head and replace Piston, Con Rod and Liner on no 4 with a Used part - there was an issue with Parts so I ended up with 4 New Pistons fitted to my Con Rods (new Liners too) - fortunate as I had no idea no3 Piston was smashed too ;)

Paul.

edwardmk 26th January 2020 15:05

You're a genuine inspiration.
Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing so much useful info.:bowdown:

ashy90 20th April 2020 23:55

amazing work!

vacuman 28th June 2020 16:50

Can't believe I missed this thread first time around. As others have said, great reading and great admiration for having the balls to tackle every job properly. I can't think many of us would have carried on with the number of setbacks you've had, particularly with that engine. Makes you wonder about other peoples cars that seem to hit high mileages (allegedly) without issues.

edwardmk 24th July 2020 22:14

Excellent work.
I wish you a trouble free re-build experience.:bowdown:

edwardmk 18th August 2020 10:22

Inspiring efforts. Enjoying your thread. Keep up the good work.:}

Sjonnie 18th August 2020 12:07

I'm very impressed with your knowledge, skill and perseverance. :bowdown:

It's great to read that this car is being repaired and doesn't end up on the scrap yard or the parts shelf. Chapeau!

I'm going to follow this thread to enjoy reading about and seeing a fully restored ZT-T. :drool4:

Good luck rebuilding the front and enjoy your car.

trikey 18th August 2020 12:59

I do enjoy these updates, so nice to see it being done properly.