The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   IPK instrument question (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=312668)

ceedy 29th April 2021 17:13

IPK instrument question

Will be sending off my IPk to Rick to get a new panel installed very soon ,

So obviously make the car tricky to drive. :D

so just wondering ?

I put this hi line unit in many years back , but i've still kept the original Lo line unit .

Is it posiible to use the old lo line with out causing grief ? , as there will be a large mileage descrepancy with the rest of the car ??

ta

C

vitesse 29th April 2021 17:46

Not worth the grief it will cause to the other modules. Rick has a fast turn around time especially if you could co-ordinate with him a time when he knows he'll be able to do it quickly. I managed to do without my car for the 2 weeks it took in transit to UK and back, you'll probably be without yours for about 3 days.

Regards

ps. Sorry, just re-read the post, if you've previous changed the IPK without matching it to the other modules, then you already have mismatches, so putting the old one back in wouldn't really matter in my view. But no ERR message from the LSM - IPK mismatch?

ceedy 29th April 2021 20:02

No, i did it all properly and its was all matched ..been ok for at least 12 years ;)

I'll just use the 260 for a few days ..

The things we have to suffer :D :o

:getmecoat:

C

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitesse (Post 2878923)
Not worth the grief it will cause to the other modules. Rick has a fast turn around time especially if you could co-ordinate with him a time when he knows he'll be able to do it quickly. I managed to do without my car for the 2 weeks it took in transit to UK and back, you'll probably be without yours for about 3 days.

Regards

ps. Sorry, just re-read the post, if you've previous changed the IPK without matching it to the other modules, then you already have mismatches, so putting the old one back in wouldn't really matter in my view. But no ERR message from the LSM - IPK mismatch?

trikey 29th April 2021 20:13

The LSM stores the mileage, once the new IPK is fitted and coded in, the mileage will revert to the correct figure.

ceedy 30th April 2021 07:58

So the old original lo line ipk could be used without issue,. And I could just swap back to the current Hi line with its new screen ? :o

C

QUOTE=trikey;2878951]The LSM stores the mileage, once the new IPK is fitted and coded in, the mileage will revert to the correct figure.[/QUOTE]

vitesse 30th April 2021 10:38

I note Trikey says "and coded in" (virgin chip in the IPK?) - if you just want a plug & play solution without coding then perhaps you should use your 260, or ask Rick.

Regards

Phil-T4 30th April 2021 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceedy (Post 2878985)
So the old original lo line ipk could be used without issue,. And I could just swap back to the current Hi line with its new screen ? :o

Yes the old one will be fine, with the difference in mileage between the IPK and LSM, the LSM will not update itself until the hi-line one is reintroduced to the car.

MacRob 30th April 2021 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil-T4 (Post 2879048)
Yes the old one will be fine, with the difference in mileage between the IPK and LSM, the LSM will not update itself until the hi-line one is reintroduced to the car.

Would this be the same if I was to put another hi line dash in when the original if fixed or will another hi line cause problems?

Phil-T4 1st May 2021 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRob (Post 2879114)
Would this be the same if I was to put another hi line dash in when the original if fixed or will another hi line cause problems?

It will still work, the trip will show ERR if its from another car but it will allow you to carry on using the car.

MacRob 1st May 2021 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil-T4 (Post 2879126)
It will still work, the trip will show ERR if its from another car but it will allow you to carry on using the car.

Thanks Phil