The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   query about bulb out warning (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300416)

macafee2 31st October 2019 12:29

query about bulb out warning

On a high line dash, can the bulb out warning indication be cancelled until next time the ignition is switched on or off?

macafee2

T-Cut 31st October 2019 12:42

I think you have to put up with it until the blow bulb is replaced.

TC

clf 31st October 2019 12:48

Using toaf, I think you can switch off the monitoring. At least the cold monitoring anyway (it doesn't check them until the bulb in question is switched on).

I have not tried this, as I think it is a great feature to have especially the cold monitoring.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

macafee2 31st October 2019 13:10

ok thanks.
I had a bulb out warning but could do nothing about it until I got home, the warning stayed on all the way to and from work.
I Just wanted to turn it off for the journey to work, have it come on when I left work and then turn off once I'd gotten the new bulb on the way home.

not sure what the problem was but it was not a blown bulb. It is working now

macafee2

Russel 31st October 2019 13:24

My left indicator loves saying it's blown but it's not

clf 31st October 2019 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2772325)
ok thanks.
I had a bulb out warning but could do nothing about it until I got home, the warning stayed on all the way to and from work.
I Just wanted to turn it off for the journey to work, have it come on when I left work and then turn off once I'd gotten the new bulb on the way home.

not sure what the problem was but it was not a blown bulb. It is working now

macafee2

I once had the sidelight on for about 2 months - whilst I waited until better weather came, as I suspected the wiring.

Your problem will likely be dependant on the bulb. It could be the wiring breaking down (which was how mine started). Sidelight front, chafed over the chassis leg below the headlamp unit. It may even just be a dodgy bulb connection, common in the rear. A bit of scouring pad dabbed with wd40 on the holders and tracks cured it.

macafee2 31st October 2019 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2772360)
I once had the sidelight on for about 2 months - whilst I waited until better weather came, as I suspected the wiring.

Your problem will likely be dependant on the bulb. It could be the wiring breaking down (which was how mine started). Sidelight front, chafed over the chassis leg below the headlamp unit. It may even just be a dodgy bulb connection, common in the rear. A bit of scouring pad dabbed with wd40 on the holders and tracks cured it.

could be a wire, the contacts in fact the whole "circuit board" looks like new. If it goes again I will investigate further. I have time off this weekend

macafee2

David Lawrence 1st November 2019 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russel (Post 2772333)
My left indicator loves saying it's blown but it's not

Check behind the boot lining on that side and check the earth point is tight. I had these strange bulb fail warnings on my indicator also, and this was the cause. The earth point has several black wires bolted down on to the inner wheel arch inside the boot.

As to the reason why it got loose i have no idea because the bolt was quite tight to turn, just not fully in the hole. I can only assume its been that way for 18 years but only just started giving this warning.

YHT 10th November 2019 10:43

sie/head light out

yesterday changed s-in-law's side light bulb that had gone but the dipped beam bulb wouldnt light until I have replaced the 5w side light. Is that normal?

clf 10th November 2019 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by YHT (Post 2774634)
yesterday changed s-in-law's side light bulb that had gone but the dipped beam bulb wouldnt light until I have replaced the 5w side light. Is that normal?

I would doubt that. It makes me suspect the wiring is at fault. It might not be though! It could have something odd with the LSM (the module that the light switches are connected to - these are known to become corroded due to water leaks). Remove the bumper and headlight on the side that is not working and visibly inspect the wiring especially over the chassis rail. You may have distrurbed them as you were working on the wiring.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/a...1&d=1469053040