The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Diesel Cooler Thermo Valve Bracket (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=320225)

sln8458 25th July 2022 14:01

Diesel Cooler Thermo Valve Bracket

As some of you may have seen my diesel cooler is leaking.
I'm in the process of refurbishing a replacement unit and have looked at replacing the thermo valve bracket.

There are previous threads about this and a drawing created of the mounting bracket for the valve, but none appear to have been made.

I have emailed a couple of local sheet metal companies and just received the first quote :eek::eek:

1 off £100.00 + vat each

50 off £12.50 + vat each.

Is there any members who have contacts in the trade who might offer a better price??

SteveN

Arctic 26th July 2022 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln8458 (Post 2940394)
As some of you may have seen my diesel cooler is leaking.
I'm in the process of refurbishing a replacement unit and have looked at replacing the thermo valve bracket.

There are previous threads about this and a drawing created of the mounting bracket for the valve, but none appear to have been made.

I have emailed a couple of local sheet metal companies and just received the first quote :eek::eek:

1 off £100.00 + vat each

Quote:

50 off £12.50 + vat each.
Is there any members who have contacts in the trade who might offer a better price??

SteveN

Hi SteveN.
Maybe try and get 50 plus members willing to chip in the £15.00 etc and then order from the company, it's been done before with the chrome scratch plates.

Another idea drop Scott, Mat, or Max, at DMGRS and see if they would be willing to have the company makes some up for the members.

Wouldn't be great though if the OC would commission them and sell them through their shop, at a non profit deal, now that would be what a club is all about ;)

sln8458 26th July 2022 14:04

Cheers Steve,

If anyone wants one, just add your name via a 'thanks' to this message and we will see what can be done.
No promises:shrug:

If admin are unhappy about this, please feel free to delete/amend as you see fit :)

SteveN

trikey 26th July 2022 19:27

I seem to recall someone selling stainless ones on ebay a while ago, so it has been done before.

sln8458 1st August 2022 06:20

just bumping this up to the top.

SteveN

Arctic 1st August 2022 12:54

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln8458 (Post 2941103)
just bumping this up to the top.

SteveN

Hi Steven.
Have the bosses contacted you about maybe sorting them out for there shop ? or have you dropped dropped Scott, Mat, or Max, at DMGRS a PM to see if they would like to take these on ;)

sln8458 1st August 2022 14:21

Hi Steve,

No 'bosses' have contacted me.
I have not contacted DGMS as I had a response from a member and between us we are hoping to sort something out, hence my bump.

SteveN

Arctic 1st August 2022 19:19

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sln8458 (Post 2941158)
Hi Steve,

No 'bosses' have contacted me.
I have not contacted DGMS as I had a response from a member and between us we are hoping to sort something out, hence my bump.

SteveN

Hi SteveN
Lets hope a few more diesel owners press the thanks button, or maybe start a thread with names i will add mine to it ;)

operamagorum 4th August 2022 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2941180)
Hi SteveN
Lets hope a few more diesel owners press the thanks button, or maybe start a thread with names i will add mine to it ;)

Me too on the list

sln8458 5th August 2022 06:13

There are 5 on the list atm:

Arctic
Operamagorum
Ryszard
trikey
Typhoon190

Room for more!?