The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   electric drivers seat issue (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296689)

ballymenaman 17th June 2019 20:43

electric drivers seat issue

None of the electric controls on my drivers seat are working. It's the seat with memory. The fuses are fine. The passenger seat controls are working. I can't see any damaged wiring under the seat. Any suggestions what to do next? Are the driver and passenger seats controlled by a single ecu? If doing an ecu reset, how long does the battery need to be disconnected for?
Thanks folks for any help.

macafee2 17th June 2019 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballymenaman (Post 2741371)
None of the electric controls on my drivers seat are working. It's the seat with memory. The fuses are fine. The passenger seat controls are working. I can't see any damaged wiring under the seat. Any suggestions what to do next? Are the driver and passenger seats controlled by a single ecu? If doing an ecu reset, how long does the battery need to be disconnected for?
Thanks folks for any help.

got a feeling that these just go wrong and cannot be repaired.
I seem to recall Rimmers have new ones.

A scrap yard may have ones in a seat that works

macafee2

snowman 18th June 2019 05:23

Had this a few times with my rover I have disconnected the battery for 30 mins then put back on and all been ok again worth a try first before you dig deeper or shell out money
Regards paul

ballymenaman 18th June 2019 16:14

Disconnected battery for an hour and then reconnected. Still no joy. Any more suggestions? What is the black box under the seat?

smudge.g 18th June 2019 16:19

I wonder if these seats use the same motor that is in the sunroof? This is a very common motor that is used in lots of cars, BMW's included. Good luck with your investigations - my donor car has a passenger electric seat that just goes clonk when you push the fore/aft button but tilt works fine :shrug:

ballymenaman 18th June 2019 17:33

Can any one confirm if there are 2 motors in the driver's seat? Also is there a relay for the driver's seat?

stocktake 18th June 2019 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballymenaman (Post 2741597)
Can any one confirm if there are 2 motors in the driver's seat? Also is there a relay for the driver's seat?

there are 3 motors in the seat.
back and forward
base tilt
back tilt

ballymenaman 18th June 2019 18:33

Thanks for that. So if none of the controls is working it would indicate that no power is getting to all 3 motors?

clf 18th June 2019 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballymenaman (Post 2741613)
Thanks for that. So if none of the controls is working it would indicate that no power is getting to all 3 motors?

with that, have you tried unplugging them, just in case the contacts have 'lost' contact?

ballymenaman 18th June 2019 20:36

I'm kind of beginning to think it's the memory seat ECU. Can anybody confirm if the early ECUs can be used in the facelift cars?
My ECU just states that it is a 'seat memory module'. The early ones are 'seat mirror and column' module.