The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Parking sensors going funny (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=263071)

Graham E 4th March 2017 19:42

Parking sensors going funny

This last week when I go into reverse my parking sensor buzzer thing gives off a long beep then the sensors do not work but sometimes they work properly.

I'm guessing there is something wrong when I get the long beep but what?

keithst24 4th March 2017 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham E (Post 2456759)
This last week when I go into reverse my parking sensor buzzer thing gives off a long beep then the sensors do not work but sometimes they work properly.

I'm guessing there is something wrong when I get the long beep but what?

they probably need a good clean;)

Graham E 4th March 2017 19:52

The car is clean. Or do you mean the sensor?

If so is there a special way to do this?

keithst24 4th March 2017 19:53

the sensors mate.....give them a scrub with a toothbrush

Graham E 4th March 2017 20:00

Ok cheers will try that.

keithst24 4th March 2017 20:07

If that don't work give this thread a bump and i am sure another member will be able to help mate.

Tourist 4th March 2017 21:48

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with mine, but it's intermittent: 90% of the time they work fine.

They stopped working permanently a while ago (long tone every time I put it in reverse) so I took the bumper off to see if the wiring was OK. Other people have reported that on their cars, there's a soldered joint in the rear bumper loom which corrodes and fails. Not on my car though- everything was clean and checked out with a meter when I tested it.

The other test is to switch the car's ignition on and then put it in reverse - if you hold your hand near the sensors in turn, you should hear them clicking.

I got it all working again by gently scrubbing the outside face of the sensors with a toothbrush and some Servisol switch cleaner. The only other thing which I also did that may have helped matters was to clean the multiplug where the bumper loom joins the car's loom.

Good Luck!

Kennyeth 5th March 2017 09:36

Can you try testing?
ignition on, reverse gear, put your hand over each sensor and the one that does not make the clicking sound will need looking at.
Mine went "wonky" when wet so on a dry warmish day ran some clear sealant round the edges of the each sensor.
Ken.

Heddy 5th March 2017 09:39

Fault probably lies with one of the push on connectors to the sensor. Bumper off, select reverse and wobble each connector in turn.

Mickyboy 5th March 2017 10:43

First thing I would do is put the car in reverse and make sure the reverse lights come on that indicates that the switch is working, secondly do as other members have suggested and put your ear to each sensor in turn, you will hear a click click very faintly any ones that aren't working won't make that sound,
Mick