The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   FBH transplant help :) (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299267)

smudge.g 15th September 2019 18:10

FBH transplant help :)

Evening all, I am considering fitting a fbh to my tourer as it does get a wee bit nippy here in rural NE during winter. I have a second hand unit that I bought cheaply online but also another full system that came with my donor car (typical!!) I believe that all the necessary pipe work and electrical connectors are already in the engine bay of my car, and I have noticed them in a little plastic bag - my question is this: the system from my donor car had both the timer in the armrest as well as the remote, (with the receiver unit under the dash) Would the necessary wiring look be in place to fit these extras or would I need to transplant the letrical spaghetti into my car, if i want to retain them?? The wiring loom in the donor car engine bay looks the same as mine so not sure at all how it integrates. thanks for reading.

trikey 15th September 2019 19:52

Its unlikely the wiring for the telestart and timer will be there (If it was, it would have the bits fitted)

You can retrofit the timer easily, its easier to wire in a GSM box so you can text the fuel burner to switch on.

Mike Trident 15th September 2019 20:14

The GSM is the way to go!

Canonite 16th September 2019 19:32

When you activate the GSM, what happens?

Does it stay on until it’s turned off or does it just perform a cycle then shut itself down?

trebor 16th September 2019 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canonite (Post 2762756)
When you activate the GSM, what happens?

Does it stay on until it’s turned off or does it just perform a cycle then shut itself down?

The GSM is programmed to switch off once the FBH has had chance to ramp up and warm the coolant, around 20/25 minutes, it also switches on the ATC after its been on for 5 minutes via a second relay to warm up the cabin

Mike Trident 17th September 2019 06:07

And you can do all this just by sending a text to your car!

:D

smudge.g 17th September 2019 14:00

sounds a bit beyond me!! (I'll just try to wire in the timer/telestart as i can trace the current wires on my donor car to see where they go!!)

Mike Trident 17th September 2019 16:18

It's actually very easy

trikey 18th September 2019 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Trident (Post 2762914)
It's actually very easy

Sure is, I text mine at 3am from Greece one year (Just because I could)

smudge.g 19th September 2019 05:11

Its mainly the wiring that I am concerned about. I am currently backtracking from the cabin with the timer and telestart wires to see how they interface with the FBH but I think the dash in my donor car may need to come out first!!