The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Help wanted - Driver's seat repair (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=285424)

paulonsite 3rd July 2018 15:56

Help wanted - Driver's seat repair

Hi All

My ZT driver's seat is now too worn to keep persevering with. Split bolsters and sagging cushion. Some fat bloke must be sitting on it all the time :D Anyhoo, what are my options? 'that' company near Tewksbury quoted me £90 a panel to repair the seats, then I thought, 'why not get a completely new set of seats' buuuut then remembered my under-seat wiring is now hard-wired thanks to airbag issues...

Any suggestions on the most sensible course of action are gratefully received!

Ta,

Paul.

Vossy 3rd July 2018 16:14

These might be worth a call too, top class workmanship, I have had seats repaired there before and not too far from you.
The wires can always be re-soldered or new connectors fitted.

Haden Upholstery

macafee2 3rd July 2018 17:10

why not hard wire replacement seats or even new connectors?

macafee2

paulonsite 4th July 2018 15:31

Can't get through to them. How much did they charge you Vossy? for what vehicle, what size of job?

Ta!

Paul.

Vossy 5th July 2018 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulonsite (Post 2646582)
Can't get through to them. How much did they charge you Vossy? for what vehicle, what size of job?

Ta!

Paul.

A couple of years ago I had ripped and worn leather and foam replaced on two seats, the base on both and the bolster on the drivers side, the total was £165 but that was matching the leather grain perfectly too, they are usually very busy and may even be on holiday.
Only a small place in a yard but they have been there many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jezzer 1 6th July 2018 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vossy (Post 2646807)
A couple of years ago I had ripped and worn leather and foam replaced on two seats, the base on both and the bolster on the drivers side, the total was £165 but that was matching the leather grain perfectly too, they are usually very busy and may even be on holiday.
Only a small place in a yard but they have been there many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used Dave several times to replace the drivers seat panels. It is a tiny place next to a funeral directors, but I've been delighted with the result each time.

He's just replaced the worn panel on a set of leather/smokestone electric memory seats from a last of line Contemporary SE, as well as swapping the rear seat covers over to a new frame (the old frame had corroded) and re-attaching new carpet to the back of the seat. All the seats are now as good as new. Excellent work, highly recommended. :D

neilbaker86 6th July 2018 09:40

What seats have you got? Some of the replacement covers are available on Rimmers for a reasonable amount...