The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Nail guns (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308548)

wullie480 12th October 2020 21:50

Nail guns

Anyone use nail guns regularly?
Looking for one to use for fitting cladding to the new rabbit house as well as to be used when building my garage and for fencing.
Considering the 16 Gauge ryobi battery one, I’ve read gas ones can play up if not used much so considering battery only but not much to choose from as there relatively newish compared to paslode etc.
Any recommendations as I’m confused looking at all the different types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macafee2 13th October 2020 07:35

I'd like a Paslode but they are very expensive. Used one some years ago when cladding my gym, quite impressed

Hitachi also do nail guns

You do need to consider the length of nail as I have a feeling one gun does not fit all

macafee2

wullie480 15th October 2020 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2842085)
I'd like a Paslode but they are very expensive. Used one some years ago when cladding my gym, quite impressed

Hitachi also do nail guns

You do need to consider the length of nail as I have a feeling one gun does not fit all

macafee2

Thanks for the reply I’m swaying back towards the paslode as I’ve read a few mixed reviews on the battery ones.

The one I’m considering fires 50-90mm nails so should cover what I need.

A bit pricey but I’ve a few xenons I can sell to fund it. Second hand prices are sometimes not far off new so for piece of mind and warranty I’ll go new.

macafee2 15th October 2020 17:42

I like buying tools and have often bought a tool to do one job and then used many times afterwards, alas a nail gun has not been a tool that I have found uses for so while it would be nice to have, this may be one tool to consider hiring.

If they could do a much large range of length of nail I might think owning one is more practicable so do consider hiring but if you do buy...... can I borrow it :)

macafee2

wullie480 15th October 2020 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2842559)
I like buying tools and have often bought a tool to do one job and then used many times afterwards, alas a nail gun has not been a tool that I have found uses for so while it would be nice to have, this may be one tool to consider hiring.

If they could do a much large range of length of nail I might think owning one is more practicable so do consider hiring but if you do buy...... can I borrow it :)

macafee2

You sound a bit like myself with regards tools. I’ve bought a whacker,cement mixer and stihl saw instead of hiring and I’ve used them a lot this year relaying our runway.
Local place wants £70 a week to hire a nail gun I’ve a workshop to build them a garage as well as a couple of fences and complete our new garden room for our rabbits so by the time I hire it a few times I’d be as well as having it. Like most of my stuff as soon as folk know I have it I can hire to them lol.

macafee2 16th October 2020 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 2842595)
You sound a bit like myself with regards tools. I’ve bought a whacker,cement mixer and stihl saw instead of hiring and I’ve used them a lot this year relaying our runway.
Local place wants £70 a week to hire a nail gun I’ve a workshop to build them a garage as well as a couple of fences and complete our new garden room for our rabbits so by the time I hire it a few times I’d be as well as having it. Like most of my stuff as soon as folk know I have it I can hire to them lol.

:) I was joking about borrowing.

macafee2

planenut 16th October 2020 08:06

It's always worth researching the costs. A few years back I built an extension and decided to buy all the tools, before the Internet. After the build, I sold all those tools, including the cement mixer, and made a profit on all the major items. You do not then have the time restrictions.

roverbarmy 18th October 2020 15:37

I was going to hire/buy a nail gun to replace my fencing. Then I thought. Thirty strips per panel with three nails per strip times four panels = three hundred and sixty nails to hammer in. That can't take too long and I save myself a lot of money. Plus, if I hire the nail gun I shall have to get it done quick. Buy one of these to save my fingers and off we go. At a steady pace!;)

wullie480 14th November 2020 20:33

Well took the plunge and purchased a brand new paslode IM350+ for not much more than what they sell second hand so well chuffed.
Off on furlough again so will get cracked on with the bunnies new house.

macafee2 15th November 2020 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wullie480 (Post 2848223)
Well took the plunge and purchased a brand new paslode IM350+ for not much more than what they sell second hand so well chuffed.
Off on furlough again so will get cracked on with the bunnies new house.

jealous

macafee2