The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Non starter. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308242)

jackatesme 29th September 2020 17:09

Non starter.

Got into car this morning, no lights on, checked battery, showing fully charged. Nothing on turn of key and no interior lights on. Suggestions would be appreciated. Not used car for a few weeks, but it was O.K. then.

Number 6 29th September 2020 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackatesme (Post 2839438)
Got into car this morning, no lights on, checked battery, showing fully charged. Nothing on turn of key and no interior lights on. Suggestions would be appreciated. Not used car for a few weeks, but it was O.K. then.

Have you checked the battery terminals?:shrug:

jackatesme 29th September 2020 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 6 (Post 2839453)
Have you checked the battery terminals?:shrug:

My neighbour checked across the terminals and said there no connection. What that means, i don't know. I am not that well educated on electric problems.

COLVERT 29th September 2020 19:47

Your first post said battery fully charged.---Your neighbour says nothing across the terminals.

You can't have both !!!---:shrug:

jackatesme 29th September 2020 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by COLVERT (Post 2839477)
Your first post said battery fully charged.---Your neighbour says nothing across the terminals.

You can't have both !!!---:shrug:

That is what puzzles me, charger was showing fully charged.:shrug:

stocktake 29th September 2020 20:25

My guess is battery has bought the farm and refusing charge. Hence battery charger thinks its fully charged when in fact its dead ;)

jackatesme 29th September 2020 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by stocktake (Post 2839493)
My guess is battery has bought the farm and refusing charge. Hence battery charger thinks its fully charged when in fact its dead ;)

Will "borrow" one tomorrow and try again.

COLVERT 30th September 2020 18:53

My guess would be a dead battery charger.----;)

If it's saying fully charged on a flat battery it seems like it's a tad confused.----:smilie_re:---You might need to try a different charger.

PS. The plates might have come adrift from one of the internal connections.

ie. Thus no circuit.

SD1too 30th September 2020 19:07

Isn't the battery sulphated Jon?

Simon

COLVERT 30th September 2020 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2839673)
Isn't the battery sulphated Jon?

Simon

Well, he said it was OK a few weeks ago.

Even if it was well on to the end of its life it wouldn't show no voltage. To reach no voltage would take years.---:eek:

Even when batteries will no longer start a car engine they will show voltage.-----;)