The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Faulty parking sensors (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=307108)

Ravinder 10th August 2020 22:45

Faulty parking sensors

When selecting reverse, I get a constant beep For about 10-15 seconds then it stops. They don’t work when I get close to an object behind me. What would be the issue and how do I fix it? Car is a MK2 75 1.8T.
Thanks.

Atcchus 11th August 2020 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravinder (Post 2830238)
When selecting reverse, I get a constant beep For about 10-15 seconds then it stops. They don’t work when I get close to an object behind me. What would be the issue and how do I fix it? Car is a MK2 75 1.8T.
Thanks.

Sensors or the wiring loom . For sensors ignition on ( Don’t start the car ) put it in reverse, check for mild clicking noise from the each sensors . For loom , it’s Bumper off and inspect the loom for any damages. My money on the loom .

Odd Job 11th August 2020 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravinder (Post 2830238)
Thanks.

Mine started to the exact same thing on Friday.
I've not had chance to have a look at it yet.
If you do find the source of your problem please share Rav as it's likely my problem is the same!

Ravinder 11th August 2020 08:44

Thanks. I’ll have a quick look at this today before work.

joel antonio 11th August 2020 16:49

Same problem....

I have the same problem, too. I've checked the loom, the sounding sensors, etc. The only thing left to try is to change the unit (Parking Aid YMC105180).....:getmecoat:

richw 11th August 2020 20:03

Pop ignition to position 2 (but engine not running!). Stick it in reverse and listen to the sensors. They should be quietly clicking/ticking. Any which don't are either broken, or their wiring back to the control!box is broken. You can test the wiring with a multimeter.

I put plenty of contact cleaner on the connections behind the bumper (the big multi plug), those into the control box, and the ends of the cable which go to each sensor. Oh, and I replaced one sensor with a compatible one from eBay. Works lovely now!

Ravinder 13th August 2020 13:23

OK, I can’t hear any ticking noise.

clarky81 13th August 2020 18:02

My sensors generally work with no issues but every now and then I get a continuous beep when reversing, that stays on until I take it out of the reverse gear. Weather doesn’t seem to be an issue as it happens rain or shine and in all the seasons. I have checked the sensors and they are all clicking. I have also cleaned all the connections behind the bumper.

chicochapman 13th August 2020 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravinder (Post 2830787)
OK, I can’t hear any ticking noise.

When I had this problem, I couldn't hear any ticking noise either but then I got a younger person with better hearing to assist - and found the one that wasn't ticking!

Malc

richw 13th August 2020 20:35

Yeah, the ticking is very faint. Put your ear right up to each one!

I would say it is unlikely that all the sensors fail, so it is worth looking at the wiring and the control box.