The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Cheap bubble wrap (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=296726)

Dallas 19th June 2019 07:55

Cheap bubble wrap

Always handy to have, roll of bubble wrap 500mm x 10m @Amazon.

£1.75 HERE... Free delivery.

macafee2 19th June 2019 08:08

but is it any good? Some stuff being that cheap is just not robust and the bubbles pop at the slightest touch but for £1.75 double or treble it up

macafee2

Dallas 19th June 2019 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by macafee2 (Post 2741715)
but is it any good? Some stuff being that cheap is just not robust and the bubbles pop at the slightest touch but for £1.75 double or treble it up

macafee2

Its says 'Quality Bubble Wrap' in the title, and is UK Manufactured.

All 5 star reviews. ;)

FLYING BANANA 19th June 2019 08:13

I cornered the market on bubble wrap when I moved. Got loads of it left.

Darcydog 19th June 2019 08:20

That’s the trouble with plastic. It’s so useful - but once you have used it - what do you do with it.

Best use for old bubble wrap that I have found is as insulation. The greenhouse especially - hang a double layer over rods fixed to the sides and roof results in a great place to overwinter non-hardy plants.

Dallas 19th June 2019 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcydog (Post 2741722)
That’s the trouble with plastic. It’s so useful - but once you have used it - what do you do with it.

Best use for old bubble wrap that I have found is as insulation. The greenhouse especially - hang a double layer over rods fixed to the sides and roof results in a great place to overwinter non-hardy plants.

Clive, I've never had to buy bubble wrap until today, this will be the first roll I've ever bought. I normally reuse bubble wrap when sending and receiving parcels, I seem to build up a large stash from time to time. :duh:

Its frightening how cheap packaging materials are now becoming, a bit silly if considering the environment. :shrug:

Darcydog 19th June 2019 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas (Post 2741732)
Clive, I've never had to buy bubble wrap until today, this will be the first roll I've ever bought. I normally reuse bubble wrap when sending and receiving parcels, I seem to build up a large stash from time to time. :duh:

Its frightening how cheap packaging materials are now becoming, a bit silly if considering the environment. :shrug:

Totally agree Wes. But at least they are cutting back on the amount of actual plastic per item - as I said in the other thread - we used to get packages where the item was surrounded with polystyrene worms or beads.

But my Fathers Day Present arrived in a box with the item internally supported by just three clear plastic balloons or “bladders”.

A bit like individual bubbles from a giant bubble wrap.

So a lot less plastic - far more air.

And like you - I can easily reuse bubble wrap - I use it for insulation. It’s really really good.

mininuts 19th June 2019 21:28

Just ordered a roll.........thanks Wes, it’ll do for packing my MGF spares for sale ;)

Unless..................for £1.75, it could be 1/12th scale for dolls houses :eek: :D

Dallas 20th June 2019 09:02

Arrived today, next day delivery, cant be bad. WooHoo! ;)

stocktake 20th June 2019 09:50

Thanks Wes ;)