The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Washed my car (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311258)

planenut 23rd February 2021 14:32

Washed my car

Late Saturday I decided to wash my car, first time for ages: Sunday morning evidence of light mucky rain overnight so cleaned that off. Last night must have been the dirtiest rain we've had for months - terrific, and no chance of a "bob-a-job" cub/scout coming round due to lockdown.

roverbarmy 23rd February 2021 14:44

Me too! Clean as a whistle then wham! Filthy again. Filthy rain? Where did that come from? Southerly wind so must have come from London! 😉😆

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

MGjim 23rd February 2021 15:28

Don't know where it came from but I washed my car, and the wife's ('cos I'm nice like that), and now both are covered in a fine brown dust that came down with the rain, I'm in deepest sunny Sussex so obviously very widespread.

KWIL 23rd February 2021 15:40

Present warm air is coming from the south all the way from N Africa = sand. Not the first time this has happened.

FLYING BANANA 23rd February 2021 15:54

Both of mine have a light dusting of sand. Again thought to be from North Africa.

marinabrian 23rd February 2021 15:56

Mine has a light coating of bird poo and salt :drool4:

Both appeared overnight of course :D

AndrewJames 23rd February 2021 16:20

Washed my car the other day. Later that night I see the blue lights going off outside. About four police cars and ten officers in and around the car park. I ran down there like a worried parent running into hospital but the ole Rover was unscathed. The teenagers were just after the push bikes locked to the plastic drainpipe nearby!

Azur 23rd February 2021 17:20

Yep, the same here, fully covered with Sahara sand since last night. In Holland.

Number 6 23rd February 2021 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azur (Post 2867074)
Yep, the same here, fully covered with Sahara sand since last night. In Holland.

And here in France:shrug:

COLVERT 23rd February 2021 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGjim (Post 2867036)
Don't know where it came from but I washed my car, and the wife's ('cos I'm nice like that), and now both are covered in a fine brown dust that came down with the rain, I'm in deepest sunny Sussex so obviously very widespread.

Much more widespread than you know.---I live 1/3 the way down into France. When I went to my car it was impossible to see out through both front and rear screens. My wife's car was exactly the same.

Double car wash down on my to-do list for tomorrow.--:mad::mad::mad:

The wind today was from the south and very strong. Sahara dust, maybe. :shrug: