The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   and now the other sides gone! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=137026)

pipe n slippers 10th February 2013 09:50

and now the other sides gone!

o/s headlight that is.
anyhow decided very quickly that my paws wern't going to fit into the gap, and THEN discovered an access panel on the inner wing.
2 mins and no swearing and we have light again.
so all the aggro owners have suffered is because they haven't found the access panels? or is mine just special?

Alan_G 10th February 2013 09:58

nope access panel in them all I believe, tells you in the handbook that its there for changing bulbs ;)

Le Mans 190 10th February 2013 10:19

I can never get the clip back :(

pipe n slippers 10th February 2013 11:15

so what's all the fuss about then? did the nearside without removing the panel.:bowdown: (only because i didn't know about it!)
manual...........read the manual............real men don't read manuals

Unclefista 10th February 2013 11:59

You don't have a V6 do you ?
I'll wager it's either the diesel or 4-pot.
From what I've heard, the headlight bulbs on a V6 are a real pain to replace :)

Charles 10th February 2013 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unclefista (Post 1217944)
You don't have a V6 do you ?
I'll wager it's either the diesel or 4-pot.
From what I've heard, the headlight bulbs on a V6 are a real pain to replace :)

Passenger side isn't too bad, but the driver's side is a nightmare. Access is lousy and when you've got your hand in, you can't see what you're doing. Always reminds me of James Herriott trying to deliver an awkwardly-placed calf.

Shapfell 10th February 2013 15:26

Oh stop grizzling! At least you don't have to demolish half the car to access the bulb, unlike some modern motors......:D

Charles 10th February 2013 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shapfell (Post 1218108)
Oh stop grizzling! At least you don't have to demolish half the car to access the bulb, unlike some modern motors......:D

It might be quicker and easier that way! By the way, I have to ask: what is an R75 brolly?

Shapfell 10th February 2013 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 1218156)
It might be quicker and easier that way! By the way, I have to ask: what is an R75 brolly?

A Rover 75 umbrella as imported by ProfDave (very nice, sits tidily across the rear headrests on the parcel shelf for those 'damp' moments we suffer from in this country.;))

Ros3 10th February 2013 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles (Post 1218012)
Passenger side isn't too bad, but the driver's side is a nightmare. Access is lousy and when you've got your hand in, you can't see what you're doing. Always reminds me of James Herriott trying to deliver an awkwardly-placed calf.

So true.. :D