The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Temperature V6 ?? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=300669)

Rev Jules 9th November 2019 13:46

Temperature V6 ??

On a trip out today I noticed the Temperature was showing mîdway between six and nine at 69ish mph, yet when slowing down to 40 or 50, the needle would go back up to the nine o,clock position.

Rev.

Mgaz 9th November 2019 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2774398)
On a trip out today I noticed the Temperature was showing mîdway between six and nine at 69ish mph, yet when slowing down to 40 or 50, the needle would go back up to the nine o,clock position.

Rev.

Stuck open thermostat?

Have you tried getting the temp reading from the diagnostic mode on the dash?

roverbarmy 9th November 2019 14:11

Time for a bleed and check all the hoses. My bleed off tube to the header tank was partially blocked with crud when I checked it today just got the occasional drips from it. After cleaning through, a steady trickle now. The header tank must be having a bit of prostate trouble! :D

Rev Jules 9th November 2019 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgaz (Post 2774404)
Stuck open thermostat?

Have you tried getting the temp reading from the diagnostic mode on the dash?

Believe it or not I have never managed to master that. But thankyou any way.

Rev

stocktake 9th November 2019 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2774398)

Rev.

Exact same as mine, stat has gone lazy and sticking open, no other solution but to change the stat and associated pipes. buy a good quality one.(OEM)

Rev Jules 16th November 2019 11:59

Bringing an old subject up, with a thermostat that would appear to be as suggested stuck in the open position, would this cause any damage to the engine, and would an in-line thermostat be okay.

Rev

roverbarmy 16th November 2019 12:09

If it's faulty replace it.;)

Arctic 16th November 2019 12:25

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2776149)

Bringing an old subject up, with a thermostat that would appear to be as suggested stuck in the open position, would this cause any damage to the engine, and would an in-line thermostat be okay.

Rev

No damage the engine will just take longer to get up to temperature, but as stated only solution is to fit a new thermostat, you can not have an inline stat on a 2.0 2.5 V6 engine.

two ways to fit a new one the key hole way, of manifold off.

Rev Jules 16th November 2019 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2776154)
No damage the engine will just take longer to get up to temperature, but as stated only solution is to fit a new thermostat, you can not have an inline stat on a 2.0 2.5 V6 engine.

two ways to fit a new one the key hole way, of manifold off.

What sort of difficulty one to ten is that?

Rev

Arctic 16th November 2019 20:47

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2776176)
What sort of difficulty one to ten is that?

Rev

Key hole method I would say 7 out of 10

Original way manifold off 9 out of 10 but you have more space, not a quick fix at all.