The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   BBC News?..... or discussion? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=308344)

roverbarmy 3rd October 2020 14:05

BBC News?..... or discussion?

I used to enjoy watching The News on BBC. It used to be just that. News. It seems to me that lately, they give the headlines and then spend hours asking "people" for their views or speculate on "future" news.

I don't want to listen to so called experts speculating. News should be facts. Shouldn't it?:shrug:

Rant over............. for now!:getmecoat:

BRG75 3rd October 2020 15:00

Totally agree, but rolling 24 hr broadcasts more or less dictate some padding out.

Not my cup of tea however, nor yours by the sound of it.

Mike

roverbarmy 3rd October 2020 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRG75 (Post 2840293)
Totally agree, but rolling 24 hr broadcasts more or less dictate some padding out.

Not my cup of tea however, nor yours by the sound of it.

Mike

I wish they would pad it out with some good news! There is some good news out there. Isn't there? Maybe we need to start a thread for good news!:shrug: I'm going to start one now!

Lovel 3rd October 2020 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2840285)
I used to enjoy watching The News on BBC. It used to be just that. News. It seems to me that lately, they give the headlines and then spend hours asking "people" for their views or speculate on "future" news.

I don't want to listen to so called experts speculating. News should be facts. Shouldn't it?:shrug:

Rant over............. for now!:getmecoat:

Eh that would have been before the presenters started hamming it up and playing to the audience with the bleeding heart approach while presenting someone else’s misery.

Here’s a challenge to all the media let’s start reporting good news for a change. Perhaps if we make one day a week a good news only day, let’s see if it lifts the countries spirits. It couldn’t do any harm.

gnu 3rd October 2020 16:24

Yeah, I've gone off BBC News.
  • Speculating :rant:
  • Finding the one person the new policy is not good for :(
  • Aggressive interviewing :poke:

I mean, on the last point, is is really worth asking whether the Government can guarantee there won't be another change in guidelines in the current dynamic COVID environment? Anyone with half a brain should be able to work out they can't and shouldn't! (recent example)

Georgies Dad 3rd October 2020 16:34

That Laura Kuenssberg makes me cringe,I call her Thin Lips,amongst other things.

Old man was a crook as well

SCP440 3rd October 2020 16:37

I find the morning Breakfast the worse of the lot, even good stories they try and seem to find a negative slant.

I reckon we should complain on mass to the appropriate authorities.

wraymond 3rd October 2020 18:02

I wish there could be focussed rather than aggressive interviewing. The problem is the newscasters/interviewers think they are stars. They think they become stars having their own public audience and then become the news themselves as far as social media is concerned, so reinforcing their premature elevation.

Allowing the latest victim, once trapped in the headlights, the opportunity to divert the question and waffle on another tack is not news casting. It’s not a question of aggressive interrogation, they all are worthy of courtesy, but plausible rogues are not difficult to detect.

That’s where the hoped-for quality is found if the interviewer is worth their salt. Then, the news really would be just that.

Les4048 3rd October 2020 18:18

Can’t wait for Andrew Neil’s new news channel starting. Fed up with mainstream media with the presenter’s opinion influencing the programme.

coolguy 3rd October 2020 18:57

I used to be an avid news watcher, but now I just tune in for the first 5 minutes (max), and then get on with my life. The BBC are the worst, and couldn't bring themselves to even mention that their Red Button service would not be discontinued!