The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Webuyanycar?? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315039)

Stevie25 1st September 2021 12:35

Webuyanycar??

Ok, not rover car related but have after being told by my son that Webuyanycar was offering ‘crazy’ money for his car, I went online for a quote.
They are ‘offering’ me nearly £2000 more than I paid for my BMW 2 series Active Tourer, than I paid for it from main dealer, back in June.
The car is not even 2 years old in great condition with FBMW Service History
Question: has anyone had experience of the process with them?
I am not silly, I know they will be looking for any ‘fault’ to reduce that price, but interested in any thoughts ?

Oldoaks 1st September 2021 13:03

It is fairly widely reported at the moment that car prices have actually gone up rather than down over recent months due to lack of supply in both the new and nearly new market, coupled with high demand, dealers are simply having to pay more for the same car than they would have done 6 or 12 months ago.

Fusilier 1st September 2021 13:07

Of course there will be an admin fee, and these are the charges:

There is no transaction fee applicable for cars valued below £99.99 (subject to minimum valuation of £50)
A transaction fee of £49.99 is applicable for vehicles valued at £100.00 to £3,999.99
A transaction fee of £59.99 is applicable for vehicles valued at £4,000.00 to £4,999.99
Where the Price is £5,000 or more, the transaction fee is £74.99

Stu

xsport 1st September 2021 20:18

just valued mine online. 2002 low miles super condition. £ 150. tyres were £132 each. they only want nearly new reg cars so they can rack up the price in the near future to dealers. do WBAC have a public website that people can buy from or is it all auction dealer sales. oftren wondered where they offload the cars they rob ... :duh: sorry .... buy. !!!

Nick91 1st September 2021 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2898133)
just valued mine online. 2002 low miles super condition. £ 150. tyres were £132 each. they only want nearly new reg cars so they can rack up the price in the near future to dealers. do WBAC have a public website that people can buy from or is it all auction dealer sales. oftren wondered where they offload the cars they rob ... :duh: sorry .... buy. !!!

WBAC also own BCA (the largest car auction house) and Cinch (that Rylan bloke does the telly advertising for). They actually have quite a clever scheme going on:
  • WBAC buys the car
  • The cream of the crop goes to Cinch to be sold
  • The cars they don't want are sold via BCA where they take high fees and delivery costs on every sale

Mike Noc 2nd September 2021 08:12

Someone must have complained to Trading Standards about them - last time I asked for a quote they refused to make an offer due to the high mileage, despite what they call themselves.

Just tried again and this time round they offered me all of £150.00. :D

ceedy 2nd September 2021 08:17

Knew they were a bit naughty/ thieving oiks but .... this :duh:
Reckon they just pop out this amount on any old banger as its the same quote as my CDTi @166k
My Boy's 330D BMW got 7k7 quotes. more than he paid fir it nearly 2 years ago .

https://i.imgur.com/Yl2Lw4w.jpg?3

edwardmk 2nd September 2021 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by xsport (Post 2898133)

My experience too. Offered £500 for a car worth around £10k. Well how else can you find £19million for the CEO and also afford those annoying ads featuring Phil Schofield saying 'We'll tell you how much your car is worth' while he is interacting with a goat, standing on his head while juggling a football better than the world champion or similar.:eek:

MSS 2nd September 2021 10:33

The general experience seems to be that selling to Webuyanycar is actually not a bad option for cars that are readily saleable to the general car buying public.

Let's be honest, most people here would not value a Rover 75 or any other car of its age unseen - unless a prestige model - for more than scap value. This being the case, why would we expect a professional car trading house to do so?

xsport 2nd September 2021 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2898164)
Someone must have complained to Trading Standards about them - last time I asked for a quote they refused to make an offer due to the high mileage, despite what they call themselves.

Just tried again and this time round they offered me all of £150.00. :D

and that price as with mine at £150.00 has to be agreed upon inspection. theres a chip here , a scratch there. .. etc then dont forget the £49.99 admin fee ... thats £100.01 if your lucky . i think that most purchases apart from the nearly new cars bought will be at a substantial loss to their owners. the pandemic has brought a windfall to WBAC due to peoples misfortune. lots have lost income and jobs and full businesses and now some will be giving up furlough as well. i bet they are rubbing their hands. ... the pandemic is not over yet by a long chalk.... ...