The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sorry, No Diesel. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=315465)

Heddy 24th September 2021 18:28

Sorry, No Diesel.

Just filled up at Tesco, (I have a petrol Astra now) and sign says Sorry no Diesel. Hope this is a temporary measure, a little panic buying going on mefinks.

Stevie25 24th September 2021 19:45

Was shopping in the Republic of Ireland today - just barely more than a 90 minute drive from where I live in Northern Ireland.
As an observation, supermarket shelves full, and called into a nearby Tesco Garage for Diesel - no queues or shortages.
Asked the attendant about the situation - replied he had not noticed any issues with either supermarkets or fuel.
Just saying.

clf 24th September 2021 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevie25 (Post 2900970)
Was shopping in the Republic of Ireland today - just barely more than a 90 minute drive from where I live in Northern Ireland.
As an observation, supermarket shelves full, and called into a nearby Tesco Garage for Diesel - no queues or shortages.
Asked the attendant about the situation - replied he had not noticed any issues with either supermarkets or fuel.
Just saying.

'twas the same in Newtownabbey today. No queues, full shelves, all good there too. Also just sayin' ;)

Stevie25 24th September 2021 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2900976)
'twas the same in Newtownabbey today. No queues, full shelves, all good there too. Also just sayin' ;)

Can confirm the same in Bangor, County Down.
It would appear then that the Island of Ireland is in a ‘good place’
Again, just saying !

SCP440 24th September 2021 20:31

The BP petrol station a mile from where I live had a tanker in today and there was about 20 cars up the road waiting for fuel, I think as usual it is the BBC trying to put a bad slant on something.

Once all the worry mongers have filled there tanks this will be another non story. There is no shortage of fuel it is just a few petrol stations who have probably left it to the last minute to order more stock have been caught short.

We must all get used to leaving every thing to last thing, plan ahead and if you your car needs fuel put it in, it wont go off. If you see tea bags on special offer put a bag in the larder. We will all need food so meal plan and buy a few days ahead. Its not rocket science.

steve-45 24th September 2021 20:46

The was certainly no queues for fuel until the media started saying there were shortages....

It then started to become a self fulfilling prophecy !

bl52krz 24th September 2021 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-45 (Post 2900980)
The was certainly no queues for fuel until the media started saying there were shortages....

It then started to become a self fulfilling prophecy !

You have hit the nail on the head. The media are, and have, been responsible for a lot of our woes. They are supposed to be news channel ‘S, but all you get is their ‘opinions ‘. And the amount of people who believe everything they read or listen to is beyond belief. It’s called Hysteria. It is a disease that is more prevalent than Covid19 .

guru 25th September 2021 00:28

Had to go to Norwich earlier and there were big queues for all the petrol stations. :duh:

Thankfully no queue at all for my charger at home so the ZS EV is topped up again :getmecoat:

Simondi 25th September 2021 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by guru (Post 2900997)
Had to go to Norwich earlier and there were big queues for all the petrol stations. :duh:

Thankfully no queue at all for my charger at home so the ZS EV is topped up again :getmecoat:

We were the same, no queue at our charger :D

Arctic 25th September 2021 07:16

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by guru (Post 2900997)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simondi (Post 2900999)
We were the same, no queue at our charger :D

I wonder in the future will those with EV cars get charged less for their electric usage or will those whom who do not have EV cars get charged a different rate.

Surely those that do not have EV cars should not have to subsidise those that do and will be plugging into the grid every night about 18.00pm on wards.

By 2030 we will be paying in the region £3,000 per year for our gas & electric at this rate.

At 15p a litre, home-brew biodiesel is fuel of the future