The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Kamikaze Tabby Cat (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=295989)

harrisop48 23rd May 2019 18:21

Kamikaze Tabby Cat

Went for a ride on my bike this morning, did not take mobile phone as it had died.
Nine miles in, loving life, Kamikaze Tabby Cat, shot across the road and tried to shoot through the gap under the cranks. May have lost one of it's lives in the process. I rapidly got close up and personal with the tarmac.
Cars stopped, help arrived, laid there for a few minutes, took three of them to get 136 Kilo's upright. Fat Bar Steward I am!!! Severe gash on knee that would not stopped bleeding. Borrowed a phone and rang SWMBO and told her where I was. Came and found me, took me to A&E.
Triage Nurse had a look, blood spurted out, must have nicked an artery.
1.5 hours later nice Polish young lady doctor saw me and said please take off Sexy Cycling Top. Had Bib Shorts on, cue jokes about Sasha Baron Cohen and Mankini's. Couple of stitches, X-Ray on knee and little pinky. Showed slight crack on little finger. Tetanus injection and Anti-Biotics. It is a pain in the posterior when you have to keep your leg stiff and cannot bend it very well. Think I may have bust the stitches getting out of the car.
Pesky cat, must have been spitting Banzai on it's Kamikaze mission.

FLYING BANANA 23rd May 2019 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by harrisop48 (Post 2735601)
Went for a ride on my bike this morning, did not take mobile phone as it had died.
Nine miles in, loving life, Kamikaze Tabby Cat, shot across the road and tried to shoot through the gap under the cranks. May have lost one of it's lives in the process. I rapidly got close up and personal with the tarmac.
Cars stopped, help arrived, laid there for a few minutes, took three of them to get 136 Kilo's upright. Fat Bar Steward I am!!! Severe gash on knee that would not stopped bleeding. Borrowed a phone and rang SWMBO and told her where I was. Came and found me, took me to A&E.
Triage Nurse had a look, blood spurted out, must have nicked an artery.
1.5 hours later nice Polish young lady doctor saw me and said please take off Sexy Cycling Top. Had Bib Shorts on, cue jokes about Sasha Baron Cohen and Mankini's. Couple of stitches, X-Ray on knee and little pinky. Showed slight crack on little finger. Tetanus injection and Anti-Biotics. It is a pain in the posterior when you have to keep your leg stiff and cannot bend it very well. Think I may have bust the stitches getting out of the car.
Pesky cat, must have been spitting Banzai on it's Kamikaze mission.

Wow! But at least you are ok, and that’s the main thing.

Raven Black 23rd May 2019 19:20

cat

Hi Peter,

Very sorry to hear that. Hope you get better very soon, in time for next meet!
p.s very pleased with the polish results.

All the best Jennifer

WillyHeckaslike 24th May 2019 13:34

Having had one, and only one, accident on a motorbike I know how it feels to quickly lose skin in the process. In my case I was fully covered and wearing long trousers but my main mistakes in the accident were twofold: I was not wearing proper protective biking clothing and I stayed on the bike when I should have let it go - it ground me into the road as a consequence. :hurt2:

:smilie_re: However good to see that you are on the mend again.

trikey 24th May 2019 16:09

Glad you are ok.

Glad the cat is ok 👍

Darcydog 24th May 2019 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2735768)
Glad you are ok.

Glad the cat is ok 👍

I was going to ask how the cat was!!! :D:getmecoat:

Glad you are OK Harrisop!!

harrisop48 25th May 2019 10:47

Not sure if the cat was OK. Too busy hitting the Tarmac to have a look round and see if it had escaped injury.
On reflection I think the cat hit my front wheel. When I inspected my bike the handlebars were 90 degrees to the right when front wheel was straight.
Wheel is not buckled side to side but it does have a small up and down kink.
May have hit a solid part of the cat. Any injuries to the cat were self inflicted.
Thank you all for your kind comments.