The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Overseas Club Members Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trikey and Ian G go Dutch (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=279683)

Ian G 20th February 2018 16:29

Trikey and Ian G go Dutch

Hello all

Trikey and myself are planning to visit the Netherlands in 2019 and we hope we can get to meet some of you.
Here's the link to the main thread if you want to add your name.
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=279676
I will post more information as time goes along.
Thanks Ian

maxi_crawf 20th February 2018 16:43

Following this thread.

COLVERT 24th February 2018 13:55

And what will really help with this proposed visit is that most of the folks over there speak English.----:D

dbt01 27th February 2018 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2598073)
Hello all
Trikey and myself are planning to visit the Netherlands in 2019 and we hope we can get to meet some of you.
I will post more information as time goes along.
Thanks Ian

Why wait so long? 2018 maybe?
See if you can convince some of the V8 gang to join in. Mine is getting a bit lonely here in the south!

David

Ian G 27th February 2018 14:12

[QUOTE=DavidBytheway;2600281]
No chance for me to travel this year David, but of course anyone can arrange a meeting anywhere, all it takes is a few phone calls, a bit of internet time and a couple of minutes to post it on the forum/s, you never know someone may take it on for 2018:D:D

.See if you can convince some of the V8 gang to join in.
I dont have access to the 260s forum David so maybe you could point any 260 members that dont visit the events and meets page on this forum towards the trip ..thanks

Mine is getting a bit lonely here in the south!
Why not hop on the ferry and join us at the National meet in May? It's only about 2.5 hrs from Harwich

Cheers Ian

dbt01 27th February 2018 15:14

[QUOTE=Ian G;2600321]
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBytheway (Post 2600281)
No chance for me to travel this year David, but of course anyone can arrange a meeting anywhere, all it takes is a few phone calls, a bit of internet time and a couple of minutes to post it on the forum/s, you never know someone may take it on for 2018:D:D

.See if you can convince some of the V8 gang to join in.
I dont have access to the 260s forum David so maybe you could point any 260 members that dont visit the events and meets page on this forum towards the trip ..thanks

Mine is getting a bit lonely here in the south!
Why not hop on the ferry and join us at the National meet in May? It's only about 2.5 hrs from Harwich

Cheers Ian

I'll mention it on the 'Two-Sixties'. Ian. May time to the UK I can't manage. Planning to drive down to Barcelona on the 3rd. I am still planning to go to the POL in April again though. See you there maybe? I'll be easy to spot as the only Chatsworth LHD R75V8 there I guess!

David

Ian G 8th March 2018 17:19

Hi
Just an update regarding the UK to Netherlands trip.
I am hoping to arrange a 75/ZT stand at the 2019 Best of British show at http://en.classicpark.nl Boxtel NL and hope that many of our 75 and ZT friends from Europe will join us.
Thanks Ian

dbt01 11th March 2018 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2604097)
Hi
Just an update regarding the UK to Netherlands trip.
I am hoping to arrange a 75/ZT stand at the 2019 Best of British show at http://en.classicpark.nl Boxtel NL and hope that many of our 75 and ZT friends from Europe will join us.
Thanks Ian

Sounds good, Ian, but a word of caution. Best of British wasn't a brilliant turn-out last year for the event in September. You've got the museum itself of course (currently with a Rover 75 V8), but it's no way a POL event nor a Gaydon size museum, or even car-park.

Ian G 11th March 2018 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBytheway (Post 2605122)
Sounds good, Ian, but a word of caution. Best of British wasn't a brilliant turn-out last year for the event in September. You've got the museum itself of course (currently with a Rover 75 V8), but it's no way a POL event nor a Gaydon size museum, or even car-park.

Thanks for the heads up David but I think that it will do well for our first overseas visit, it has a cafe and toilets and that alone makes it a far more attractive proposition than POL for me and many others.
Cheers Ian

Ian G 22nd March 2018 13:25

Hi Folks
This will be the last update for a while BUT the visit to the Best of British show at Boxtel nl in 2019 will
definitely happen.
The initial post was purely to see if it would be worth while organising a group trip rather than just the two of us going.
It's now looking as if we can have our own 75-ZT stand at the show which is held here http://en.classicpark.nl/ each September so I'm hoping that it will be an opportunity to join with our European friends and put on a good display.
Most of the hotels-ferries are unable to quote prices for 2019 at the moment so we can't really come up with a firm price yet, but as well as the ferries we're looking at "le shuttle" as an alternative means of travel. This would mean a drive through France and Belgium of around 3 hours but would be easy enough with a couple of stops on the way. Bonus is of course that it's a 35 minute journey that won't be affected by the weather and they will give a discount if there are 15 or more vehicles traveling together.
The rough layout of the trip would be group meal and ticket/info handout etc Thursday evening with hotel stay overnight before crossing the channel Friday AM with Fri/Sat/Sun/ night stay in Holland and return to UK Monday.
If anyone want's more info or a chat about the trip just PM Andy (Trikey) or Ian (Ian G)
We'll still be adding names to the list and there's no firm commitment at this stage however if you fancy doing something a little different with your 75/ZT in 2019 then put your name down.
This post will be updated as and when we get more info to pass on.
Cheers Ian and Andy

dbt01 28th March 2018 13:18

OK Ian. I live about 15km away from the Classic Park in Boxtel and, having lived here for 45 years, know the area quite well! I always use the tunnel incidentally. Far easier and quicker, and as you say, not prone to weather disruptions. Obviously any difference in ferry/tunnel rates will probably be the deciding factor in the end though, I imagine.

My wife worked in a **** NH Hotel and Conference Centre in Eindhoven nearby for many years before retirement, and still has contacts which could help with a better than decent room-rate depending on the numbers involved and the dates when known. I can do quite a lot of running around to sort things out for you if necessary anyway, since I'm retired and tend to have time on my hands.

You may have seen posts from 'Supervinnie40', on the forum. Well, he lives only a little further away than me in Tilburg where there is a great theme park too (https://www.efteling.com/en), not only for kids, which could be one of the two days? Let's not leap ahead, but I will contact him and suggest we can maybe work together as a Dutch 'Anchor' when nearer the time.

I will be taking Le Shuttle and be at the Pride of Longbridge on April 14th, so if you or Trikey are too, then look me up with the Two-Sixties group (only Chatsworth LHD 75 V8 there I imagine !), and we can have a jaw about it?

David

Ian G 28th March 2018 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBytheway (Post 2612410)
OK Ian. I live about 15km away from the Classic Park in Boxtel and, having lived here for 45 years, know the area quite well! I always use the tunnel incidentally. Far easier and quicker, and as you say, not prone to weather disruptions. Obviously any difference in ferry/tunnel rates will probably be the deciding factor in the end though, I imagine.

My wife worked in a **** NH Hotel and Conference Centre in Eindhoven nearby for many years before retirement, and still has contacts which could help with a better than decent room-rate depending on the numbers involved and the dates when known. I can do quite a lot of running around to sort things out for you if necessary anyway, since I'm retired and tend to have time on my hands.

You may have seen posts from 'Supervinnie40', on the forum. Well, he lives only a little further away than me in Tilburg where there is a great theme park too (https://www.efteling.com/en), not only for kids, which could be one of the two days? Let's not leap ahead, but I will contact him and suggest we can maybe work together as a Dutch 'Anchor' when nearer the time.

I will be taking Le Shuttle and be at the Pride of Longbridge on April 14th, so if you or Trikey are too, then look me up with the Two-Sixties group (only Chatsworth LHD 75 V8 there I imagine !), and we can have a jaw about it?

David

Hello David
I will contact you in the next couple of days.
Many thanks and very best regards Ian

Ian G 9th April 2018 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidBytheway (Post 2612410)

David

Hi David
Did you receive my PM on the 30th March regarding this post.
Regards Ian

bl52krz 20th August 2018 21:24

Is there any update on this trip yet Ian?

Ian G 21st August 2018 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2661885)
Is there any update on this trip yet Ian?

Hi David
I hope to have the date by end of October
The Best of British Show is usually the third weekend in September...BUT I won't know for certain when/if next years event takes place until this years show is over..http://www.classicpark.nl/event/79/best-of-british
I've made contact with the events director and will contact him in October and post details ASAP.
There are no prices published for September 2019 available from Le Shuttle or Stenna Line, again I hope to have them by October/November

Nice to see that interest is still good for the trip and of course folk can still add their name to the attendance list.

Cheers Ian

bluebird 21st August 2018 08:56

Ive already got my holiday form to fill in when we defo know dates 😊

trikey 1st October 2018 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebird (Post 2662009)
Ive already got my holiday form to fill in when we defo know dates 😊

That means I gotta bring you along then!

bluebird 1st October 2018 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2673842)
That means I gotta bring you along then!

You wouldn’t go with out me anyway 🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian G 1st October 2018 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebird (Post 2673843)
You wouldn’t go with out me anyway ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should that not read "You wouldn't DARE go with out me anyway"

:D:D:D:D

Ian G 5th October 2018 11:47

Hi Folks
Just an update to let you know that we're still awake..:D:D
I have today contacted Olaf at the Classic Park in the Netherlands to see if a date for 2019 Best of British show is available yet..
Here's a copy of his reply..

Hello Ian,

It’s nice to here that there is so much interest in our event ‘Best of British’. I don’t have the date for 2019 yet but I hope I can tell it to you before the end of October.

Is that okay for you?

Met vriendelijke groet, / With Kind Regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

O.M.L. (Olaf) van Kuijlenburg

So I hope to be able to confirm dates in 2 or 3 weeks.

Cheers Ian

Ian G 29th October 2018 19:53

Hi Folks
At last some information for you :D:D:D
Best of British show date confirmed as 22nd September 2019
So plan will be to travel to Holland via "le shuttle" AM Friday 20th September and return (again via the tunnel) PM Monday 23rd..
I'll try to get prices for hotels and travel put together and posted before Christmas...

Cheers Ian

Rev Jules 30th October 2018 08:31

Hi Ian.
Could this be classed as an International National, Best Of British meet.

Rev

Ian G 30th October 2018 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev Jules (Post 2682442)

Hi Ian.
Could this be classed as an International National, Best Of British meet.

Rev

Very unlikely Jules.. :D
Trikey and myself are keen for the trip to Holland to be open to any MG/Rover owner be they individuals or from a club or group and making it an official club meet may well put some people off joining the trip.
Cheers Ian

maxi_crawf 1st November 2018 08:09

I know it's now been mentioned but can we now start letting others know about this jolly? (Rover/MG owners) that are not in this club? Or do you want to do something 'official' first?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ian G 3rd November 2018 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2682986)
I know it's now been mentioned but can we now start letting others know about this jolly? (Rover/MG owners) that are not in this club? Or do you want to do something 'official' first?

Hello Roy
Yes go ahead and ask away mate.
You would need to PM me with their contact details though as I don't do social media.:eek:
Cheers Ian

trikey 3rd November 2018 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi_crawf (Post 2682986)

Get it on FB Roy, it will be good to have a decent turn out for this one.

bl52krz 4th November 2018 22:25

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but you can make a group booking for 15 people or more. They will try and keep you all together and board the same train.

Ian G 4th November 2018 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2684133)
Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but you can make a group booking for 15 people or more. They will try and keep you all together and board the same train.

Yes I know that.. But thanks anyway
Cheers

bl52krz 5th November 2018 19:30

Hi Ian. Can you please add my name to the list for this junket . We normally go down to the Loire in September, but had a word with my wife, and she says as long as we go to Germany next year,it is ok.

dingdong1960 11th November 2018 17:29

Interested in attending ..daughter lives not far from Boxtel ..

Ian G 13th November 2018 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingdong1960 (Post 2685922)
Interested in attending ..daughter lives not far from Boxtel ..

Hi Chris
I've added your name to the list here .https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=279676

Thanks Ian

Ian G 25th March 2019 20:03

If any 75-ZT owners that live in Europe would like to join us at Boxtel then just let me know and I will ask that the area allocated at the show will be large enough to accommodate all of us.
Don't forget that you do not need to be a member of any club to join in the fun
Thanks Ian

Eric Druyts 30th March 2019 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2722041)
If any 75-ZT owners that live in Europe would like to join us at Boxtel then just let me know and I will ask that the area allocated at the show will be large enough to accommodate all of us.
Thanks Ian

Hi Ian,

I confirm hereby that I will join your group as attendee for the Best of British meet. As you all know, I live in Belgium, which is about 15 miles from Antwerp.

Best regards,

Eric

Ian G 30th March 2019 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Druyts (Post 2723234)
Hi Ian,

I confirm hereby that I will join your group as attendee for the Best of British meet. As you all know, I live in Belgium, which is about 15 miles from Antwerp.

Best regards,

Eric

Thank you Eric I have added your name as attending the show on post #1 here..
Regards Ian

Eric Druyts 30th March 2019 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2723250)
Thank you Eric I have added your name as attending the show on post #1 here..
Regards Ian

Thank you Ian. In Holland, I'm a foreigner, too.. So I will kindly join the UK group in Holland. Maybe it would be intresting that I join you to your hotel in the morning, so that we can drive all together in 1 cue, to the meet. Won't that be "special" ?

Pim 3rd April 2019 11:24

Hi Guys,

Great you are all coming over to the Netherlands.

Would it be an idea that I write an invitation on our website www.r75.info from the Club Seventyfive so our members can attend this meeting too?

We do have members within the Netherlands, Belgium (like Eric) Luxembourg and Western-Germany; for them it is not too far so I think some will certainly join you in Boxtel.

Once I've posted the invitation on our website, I will let you know.

Regards,

Pim

Eric Druyts 3rd April 2019 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pim (Post 2724129)
Hi Guys,

Would it be an idea that I write an invitation on our website www.r75.info from the Club Seventyfive so our members can attend this meeting too?

We do have members within the Netherlands, Belgium (like Eric) Luxembourg and Western-Germany; for them it is not too far so I think some will certainly join you in Boxtel.

Regards,

Pim

Wawww.... Pim, I think that would be a wonderfull idea. Ain't that, guys ? Thanks for willing to do this, Pim.

Ian G 3rd April 2019 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pim (Post 2724129)
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Pim

Hi Pim
It would be amazing if you could get members from across Europe to join us at Boxtel so please feel free to invite any 75/ZT owners from Club Seventyfive or indeed any other club that may be interested.
I will PM you with my contact details.
Best regards Ian

Pim 4th April 2019 10:55

Hi Ian,

In the next few days I will write an invitation on www.r75.info.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Pim

ceedy 4th April 2019 14:44

Pim, did you get my email on the 75's site ??

Chris

bl52krz 6th April 2019 21:54

Hi Pim. My son lives in Germany and he is going to visit us in Boxtel. I am not sure whether he is coming in his Slk 320 or Skoda at the moment.

Pim 7th April 2019 19:52

Hi Guys,

I now posted an invitation on our website in three languages, English, German and Dutch.

I also activated our 'meeting tool' to see how many of our website have the intention to go; see Dutch version.

English:
http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name...ewtopic&t=9451

German:
http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name...ewtopic&t=9450

Dutch:
http://www.r75.info/modules.php?name...ewtopic&t=9449

Regards,

Pim

bl52krz 16th April 2019 21:33

Trikey. Have you read one of the posts that our sister club members in Holland have posted on here? It seems as though you could promote the ‘Moon Club’ in Holland also. One of the cdti’s have done nearly 500,000 kms, 300,000 miles.

Pim 17th April 2019 11:18

Correct, I'm now at 490.000 km = 306.250 miles.

http://www.r75.info/modules/4images/...1440_Kopie.JPG

Unfortunately I could not join you at the POL last weekend but I will attend next year again.

Regards,

Pim

Pim 17th April 2019 11:24

Correct, I'm now at 490.000 km = 306.250 miles.

http://www.r75.info/modules/4images/...1440_Kopie.JPG

Last year in Chipping Campden:

http://r75.info/modules/4images/data...5/IMG_2416.JPG

Unfortunately I could not join you at the POL last weekend but I will attend next year again.

Regards,

Pim

Raven Black 17th April 2019 13:36

Your car

Hi Pim,

That's wonderful, I hope to see you and your car in Holland in September.

Best regards Jennifer

Azur 8th May 2019 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2722041)
Thanks Ian

Hi Ian,

As mentioned earlier,me and my wife will be joining you all too. Do I need to buy tickets or so?

Regards from Holland,

Emiel.

Pim 8th May 2019 11:17

Hi Emiel,

Just to let you know, I'm in contact with Classic Park Boxtel on behalf of the Club Seventyfive www.r75.info regarding this.

Pim

Pim 16th May 2019 19:08

Hi Guys,

For those from the continent with a Rover 75 or a MG ZT, please drop me a PM that you intend to come to this meeting at the Classic Park in Boxtel.
For us the same conditions apply which means 5 euros for each Rover 75 or ZT including driver and passengers.
Best is to buy a ticket on arrival in Boxtel, you can pay by pin at the entrance.

Regards,

Pim

Azur 17th May 2019 07:53

Boxtel

Hello Pim,

Does this mean that we can park our cars next to or at the same spot as our English club friends?

Thanks,
Emiel.

Pim 17th May 2019 11:14

Hi Emiel,

Yes.

Pim

bl52krz 8th June 2019 14:29

Well, we are all paid up now for the shuttle for our trip to Nederland,21 cars in all. One of our number had to drop out because of a health hiccup. Can not wait, but hope the weather is better than today, pouring with rain for the last 30 hours. Typical ‘flaming June’.

trikey 8th June 2019 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2739230)
Well, we are all paid up now for the shuttle for our trip to Nederland,21 cars in all. One of our number had to drop out because of a health hiccup. Can not wait, but hope the weather is better than today, pouring with rain for the last 30 hours. Typical ‘flaming June’.

The weather wont bother us, were on a mission.... :D

bl52krz 9th June 2019 20:03

Get the flag up. We are on a charge. Just keep your head down. :twonk::party::panic:.

Ian G 11th July 2019 06:24

Just to remind all european 75 and ZT owners that we would love to see you at Boxtel in September.
You do not need to be a member of this or any other club to join us.
Thanks Ian

trikey 11th July 2019 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian G (Post 2746862)
Just to remind all european 75 and ZT owners that we would love to see you at Boxtel in September.
You do not need to be a member of this or any other club to join us.
Thanks Ian

And any other MG & Rover would be more than welcome too.

Ian G 27th August 2019 08:26

Time to remind all our friends in Europe that there will be 21 cars making the trip from the UK to Boxtel NL for the "Best of British Show" hope to see many of you there.:D

Ian G

trikey 27th August 2019 19:16

Id better start getting our stuff together :duh:

trikey 27th August 2019 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bl52krz (Post 2739552)
Get the flag up. We are on a charge. Just keep your head down. :twonk::party::panic:.

My flag will be up!!

I may struggle to get through France without attracting the gendarmerie.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f8641c8ed9.jpg