The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   MGZT 190 V6 into a Rover 75 (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305519)

Sdeh 9th June 2020 12:57

MGZT 190 V6 into a Rover 75

Okay I’ve been thinking next year when me and my dad get a workshop to do a full restoration on my Rover 75. Yes I’ve not had it long and it would be cheaper to buy a different car but it’s my first V6 I have ever owned so I have no intentions of replacing it with a different car. Like I have no intentions of selling the first car I ever bought when I was 9. This year I’m planning on doing some work on my first ever car my 1987 Mini Mayfair but I have no intentions of finishing it for a long time as I have no use for it. I am doing some work on my 1967 Morris Minor so I can use it when I pass my test anyway a bit of a side track. I’ve always liked a 190 ZT and nearly bought one 2 years ago for 600 quid and made the worse choice ever and bought a money pit Rover 75 Tourer. But now that I have a V6 I want a 190 one but in the same Spec as my 75 and I don’t see the point if I’m going to be spending loads making it show room condition. Why not make it my 75 that I’m proud of one thing I will put on it is a LPG conversion kit and a few other bits. I’m currently trying to find some parts for it for when I do restore it I have them already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colintf 9th June 2020 14:56

Can your engine be remapped to approx 190? Someone on here, or KMaps for example? Just a thought :}

mh007 9th June 2020 18:41

Manual or Auto?

Wasn't the 190 de-tuned to 180 for the ZT/ZT-T Auto so as not to put strain on the Jatco transmission?

Sdeh 9th June 2020 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2817717)
Manual or Auto?

Wasn't the 190 de-tuned to 180 for the ZT/ZT-T Auto so as not to put strain on the Jatco transmission?

My 75 is the manual one and will stay that way even after I restore it

SKS Disco 9th June 2020 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROVER2003 (Post 2817658)
Okay I’ve been thinking next year when me and my dad get a workshop to do a full restoration on my Rover 75. Yes I’ve not had it long and it would be cheaper to buy a different car but it’s my first V6 I have ever owned so I have no intentions of replacing it with a different car. Like I have no intentions of selling the first car I ever bought when I was 9. This year I’m planning on doing some work on my first ever car my 1987 Mini Mayfair but I have no intentions of finishing it for a long time as I have no use for it. I am doing some work on my 1967 Morris Minor so I can use it when I pass my test anyway a bit of a side track. I’ve always liked a 190 ZT and nearly bought one 2 years ago for 600 quid and made the worse choice ever and bought a money pit Rover 75 Tourer. But now that I have a V6 I want a 190 one but in the same Spec as my 75 and I don’t see the point if I’m going to be spending loads making it show room condition. Why not make it my 75 that I’m proud of one thing I will put on it is a LPG conversion kit and a few other bits. I’m currently trying to find some parts for it for when I do restore it I have them already.

So let me get this straight. At the moment you do not have a drivers license but are going straight to a V6 190 ?

All I can say is blooming good luck with the insurance on that matey.. :cool:

Good Luck.

Sdeh 10th June 2020 09:01

MGZT 190 V6 into a Rover 75

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKS Disco (Post 2817769)
So let me get this straight. At the moment you do not have a drivers license but are going straight to a V6 190 ?

All I can say is blooming good luck with the insurance on that matey.. :cool:

Good Luck.

No I stated a few in that but that I’m working on a 1967 Morris Minor for when I pass my test this year what I’m saying is next year when I get a workshop next year I’m going to start doing a nut and bolt restoration on my 75 2.0 V6 and put a 190 V6 in it’ll take a few years as I’m getting rare stuff for it too like the Rover 75 Optional fridge and a few other rare bits so mine will be off the road for a long time