The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Regional Events Forum: The South East (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   SOUTH EAST EVENTS - August 2020, Breakfast Meet. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=306830)

BRG75 6th August 2020 14:15

Sorry to hear of suspension noises/problems, and hope it's not detracting from your Shanklin stay.

Has any more of the cliff top road collapsed around Niton, I wonder, whilst you're on that side of the Island.

Cheers

Mike

Oldmanlogan 6th August 2020 20:12

Niton

Not that I can see Mike but we was shocked to see more lumps of blackgang have disappeared sadly but we wouldn't change iow for the world it's where we intend to retire I've managed to amend the drop link it was loose on the top nut which was annoying as I made especially sure it was tightened down to correct nm as per book but I've put a new nylok nut on top with limited tools now super quiet againlovely we will try the folly Inn I think we've been there before is it a building made to look like a boat?

BRG75 7th August 2020 06:08

Good to hear you've effected a repair.

No, I suspect that the pub that looks like a boat you're thinking of was the Pilot Inn, at Bembridge. Built on a corner, the shape of a ships bows was painted on the walls, and port holes on both roads completed the effect.
Last time we were there it had shut down. Not to say that it hasn't re-opened.

Interestingly, not far from the Pilot was a pub that might have been called the New Inn.
The landlord told us that whilst wasn't the oldest pub on the Island, when pubs were licenced (1700's??) it was issued with licence number 1, which he actually showed us.

The Folly, I imagine, started of as a single storey, riverside alehouse for fishermen. It is literally on the shore. I'm sure it's two stories now, with all the ground floor as bar and restaurant, and a nice patio area / veranda outside.

Regards

Mike

Raven Black 9th August 2020 11:20

Today's meet

Just back. Thanks to Brg for organising, great to see you and by happy coincidence an American car club at the same venue, so nice to see so many amazing cars. There was also a 1960s scooter club there.

This is a great venue for a meet. Thanks again for a very pleasant morning.

Oldmanlogan 10th August 2020 15:20

Folly inn

What a find ,folly inn is fabulous sitting right on the water very tranquil ,drive way/road is a bit tight but well worth it ,it's a greenling now sign use to say old English inn ,club meet here please,cheers mike

BRG75 10th August 2020 17:11

Yes I should have warned you that the access road is a tad tight.
Is there a tree still in the middle, half way down, which you navigate whichever way seems right at the time?

As for a South East Meet there, it's out of our territory, but I might support poacher's rights.

Glad you enjoyed it, and I'm sure I'm guilty of taking this "off topic", but your suggestion brings it straight back on track.

Regards

Mike

steve-45 20th September 2020 17:04

Are we planning a breakfast meet for October ?

BRG75 20th September 2020 18:51

Sadly no.

I have had something in mind, for a while now; but thought it best to delay announcing it, pending clarification of current max. meet numbers.

This morning I was advised that London and South are cancelling their proposed October dates, for the same reason.

Rest assured that as soon as we can recontinue, then we will.

Regards

Mike