The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Speed cameras. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=314764)

Briodyjl01 17th August 2021 08:56

Speed cameras.

Does anyone still flash oncoming traffic when there is a mobile speed camera van any mpre? When i do it i just get random looks and evryso often i get a flash back or knod off the builder in his old van.

macafee2 17th August 2021 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 (Post 2896089)
Does anyone still flash oncoming traffic when there is a mobile speed camera van any mpre? When i do it i just get random looks and evryso often i get a flash back or knod off the builder in his old van.

Why do you want those people that break the law to keep their driving licence?

On a facebook group there was someone advising people about a mobile speed camera, a few weeks later someone was complaining about the speed of traffic.

macafee2

Nick Greg 17th August 2021 10:04

Quote:

Certainly not. They are breaking the law and so they should face the consequences.

trikey 17th August 2021 10:21

Yes, I flash to warn others and post updates on Waze so the vans locations are known.

I’ll stop doing this when the authorities stop lying and saying it’s all about road safety and not for generating revenue.

planenut 17th August 2021 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by trikey (Post 2896104)
Yes, I flash to warn others and post updates on Waze so the vans locations are known.

I’ll stop doing this when the authorities stop lying and saying it’s all about road safety and not for generating revenue.

Whose at fault?

PMAN01 17th August 2021 10:33

I did read, not long ago but not sure where, an article that was by a retired police chap and he virtually admitted that they’re revenue raising primarily and not safety. :eek: Discuss. :D

COLVERT 17th August 2021 10:35

Quote:

All the drivers over here in France do it.----:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

coolguy 17th August 2021 11:15

I spend more of my time watching the speedometer than the road. That proves they are cash collectors, not safety devices!

ricardo65 17th August 2021 11:47

I always do the van is usually out when hard working people are traveling to work and back home again never later in the evening when people have no regard for the speed limit so it seems they are happy to punish people traveling to work and back maybe a few MPH over the limit then the real over the top speeders this is proven by the amount of cars in the dykes in the morning from overnight speeding

Sent from my VFD 730 using Tapatalk

macafee2 17th August 2021 12:52

for those that object to the speed cameras at what % over the speed limit do you think prosecutions should start? Are we given 10% already?
My speedo on my car would need to be about 10% above the speed limit to be at the correct speed. That means to be at 30 my speedo is showing "33" if we are given 10% then in a 30 limit my speedo is showing about 37. Using my speedo, that is quite a lot above 30.

so far the reason people want law breakers/speeders to keep their licence is because the speed camera is only to make money........from law breakers. Lets not fine law breakers.

macafee2