The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What I did with my Rover 75/MG ZT today? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172123)

Mike Noc 18th August 2022 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluejmc2005 (Post 2943021)
My personal plates mate, my wife and daughters bought them for me. I think they comply with the rules?

Well if they have a BS number on them then they should be fine. If not and if your car is a 2004 model then sadly not. The BS number is usually printed very small so maybe didn't show up on your photos.

Bluejmc2005 19th August 2022 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2943115)
Well if they have a BS number on them then they should be fine. If not and if your car is a 2004 model then sadly not. The BS number is usually printed very small so maybe didn't show up on your photos.

Hi buddy, yes very small bs number is on them

Arctic 19th August 2022 08:32

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluejmc2005 (Post 2943133)

Hi Jason.
Nice to know as i am going to need some my self very soon ;)

Lagetha 19th August 2022 12:54

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluejmc2005 (Post 2943133)

Matt did my plates BS number included, but pre 2001 font (allowable due to age of the car).

Gren 24 19th August 2022 14:47

Got round to cleaning my spare inlet manifold and egr yesterday. Finished it today. A mucky job but worth it. So one day next week will fit it along with the pvc I got from DMGRS. Then a bottle of comma diesel magic additive, did all the other filters not long ago so they will not need doing.

Bluejmc2005 19th August 2022 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2943137)
Hi Jason.
Nice to know as i am going to need some my self very soon ;)

Top quality workmanship and service, highly recommended

Mike Noc 19th August 2022 16:27

Having been told by the boys and girls in blue that I had illegal number plates after a tug in the early hours of the morning (well to be precise the girl in blue as the bloke wasn't interested in pursuing it) I checked up on the law, and pre 2001 from what I read you don't need a BS number stamped on them.

Funnily enough, at the time, had she issued me a ticket I probably would have paid it without thinking to check. :getmecoat:

Bluejmc2005 19th August 2022 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Noc (Post 2943178)
Having been told by the boys and girls in blue that I had illegal number plates after a tug in the early hours of the morning (well to be precise the girl in blue as the bloke wasn't interested in pursuing it) I checked up on the law, and pre 2001 from what I read you don't need a BS number stamped on them.

Funnily enough, at the time, had she issued me a ticket I probably would have paid it without thinking to check. :getmecoat:

Thats good to know, I think the font on mine is ok

Andy_with_a_screwdriver 19th August 2022 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_with_a_screwdriver (Post 2943101)
Struggled and swore at it....

Ultimately I finally managed to remove this pile of junk, and start the slightly easier process of fitting the new stuff on the car again.
Then tomorrow I just need to refit the new alternator and recon steering pump I fitted last Sunday and took off again yesterday....:shrug:

Re-fitted the alternator, power steering pump + header tank, new idler pulley and then after the obligatory struggle, the auxiliary belt.

Refilled the power steering fluid and discovered the battery was flat..

Had a break to go and play a cricket match. Returned to jump start the rover and check fluid levels. Replace duff o/s headlight bulb before fitting the wheel arch liner.

A quick test rive up and down the bypass and all seemed well. All the whines and grumbles now appear to be gone :}
Up early tomorrow to do an engine and gearbox oil change, replace undertray and then a trip to Wales.

SideValve 21st August 2022 16:02

Not today but Wednesday. Pre MOT I noticed one number-plate light was out. Thought it would just be a bulb.
No such luck. Finally prised the whole unit off and the circuit board was cracked in three places (looked like it had been off before.

Stabilised it with lots of araldite then gently rubbed the coating off the circuit where the cracks were and soldered tiny strands of wire across the gaps.

Yay. Bright lights and MOT passed :¬)