The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   drone/warm tire (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=319904)

johnnyjazz1954 4th July 2022 16:37

drone/warm tire

Hi all,
Just got in the car this morning and was getting a drone like I was running a flat, stopped ,not under inflated, noise is from the O/S rear, anyway drops the Mrs off at work gets home visual inspection nothing fowling the tire, no egg on the tire, but this was the strange thing the tire was hot, I have just come off a 430 mile round trip and did not notice any noise then ,tires not that old,
any advice welcome, Have a full size spare going to swap it and see if its still there in the morning,

John

ziggy72 4th July 2022 17:09

It sounds like your brake is binding.

macafee2 4th July 2022 17:15

If not a brake, is the wheel bearing on the way out and the wheel getting hot?
Has the upper arm collapsed and the wheel leaning over?

macafee2

johnnyjazz1954 4th July 2022 17:40

Thank for the reply.s,
the discs dont get hot just normal heat from breaking ,the alloy wheel is cold,
as I say just sounds like a flat, got me stumped it has really, not ruling out baring though wheel is not leaning

John

Lee T 4th July 2022 17:55

Have you actually checked the tyre pressure or just looking at it? Reason being I was caught out by a runflat tyre when I got my ZT, looked ok but had the droning noise. Worth a check.

macafee2 4th July 2022 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyjazz1954 (Post 2938059)
Thank for the reply.s,
as I say just sounds like a flat, got me stumped it has really, not ruling out baring though wheel is not leaning

John

If the wheel is not hot then it is not a bearing transferring heat to the tyre but it my be the noise.

macafee2

johnnyjazz1954 4th July 2022 18:24

thanks lads,
have read in other post about the inner wall on the tire getting out of shape and causing the noise but I will try swopping wheels and see if its still there, if not a new tire to be bought

John

polinsteve 4th July 2022 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyjazz1954 (Post 2938059)
Thank for the reply.s,

John

I had this on my S type a few years ago. Culminated in a blowout on the M25. Apparently the carcass failed on what looked to be a good tyre.

johnnyjazz1954 4th July 2022 18:43

Thats whats leaning me to the tire, if its out of shape it would not be running true hence the noise and the heat of the tire