The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Not wishing this wonderful year away - but.... (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=309457)

Darcydog 25th November 2020 08:18

Not wishing this wonderful year away - but....

In a months time it will be Christmas morning. It looks likely to be bit of a strange one.

Good news is that the shortest day is just 25 days away - days getting longer not shorter always gives me a boost.

roverbarmy 25th November 2020 08:24

Totally agree with you. Easing the restrictions sounds like a wonderful idea for the mental health of families but I wonder if it may cause even more problems? :shrug: It's very tempting to overdo things at Christmas in "normal" circumstances!:duh:

trikey 25th November 2020 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2850275)
Totally agree with you. Easing the restrictions sounds like a wonderful idea for the mental health of families but I wonder if it may cause even more problems? :shrug: It's very tempting to overdo things at Christmas in "normal" circumstances!:duh:

It will be the excuse the gov use for a two month lockdown in the new year..

steve-45 25th November 2020 12:27

A relaxation of restrictions could work if people are sensible, but what chance is there of that happening?

macafee2 25th November 2020 13:33

I've been so busy that missing out on days out and holidays really have not been a major issue. In fact, I think I am grateful for lockdown as it has given me time.

Perhaps those that are suffering mentally should be the ones to take advantage of the relaxation, the rest of us should stay home.

macafee2

KLM 25th November 2020 14:01

"Perhaps those that are suffering mentally should be the ones to take advantage of the relaxation, the rest of us should stay home".
macafee2

That's a level headed idea, I agree. :}
Kev.

Alf Best 25th November 2020 18:30

Well as this year has seen the absolute decimation of my business, I'm going to enjoy Christmas with my family.

This would have been happening irrespective of what the powers that be said in their wonderfully kind concessions :getmecoat:

So it's giving back partially with one hand, that which was clawed away with many, and we are supposed to be grateful??

What a load of twaddle, and whoever thought this thread was another ideal opportunity to inject their political views back into the frame, please refrain, it's tiresome in the extreme..............

...............And yes I do mean you Michael, if I want politics, I'll watch the television :getmecoat:

Alf :mad:

Dallas 26th November 2020 13:08

They have both been fretting over who's parent's to spend xmas with, so I told them why don't they spend their first proper Christmas together, they are over the moon about it. :}

macafee2 26th November 2020 17:10

As a child sister and I were always dragged off to my aunts. Children were to be seen and not heard, no games, no tv and no snacks.
I have been married 36 years, I think every one has been spent at home. No way was a dragging my children to a place where they would have less fun. Family can come and see us if they want, if the don't we will be by ourselves.
We go for a walk, watch tv, play games, eat dinner...snack on left overs and snacks.

I hope for freezing so the mud is solid and lots of snow Christmas eve and day.

We will be alone this Christmas, son in Australia and daughter 200 miles away with a 2 month old so perhaps have breakfast in bed, go for a walk, snack, watch tv and have dinner and then snack some more.
Oh for some good never seen films Christmas day

macafee2

Saga Lout 29th November 2020 20:05

A Strange Christmas.

It'll be an empty Christmas this year for me on a personal level, the loss of my brother will be very hard when my sister in law knocks on my door alone without him there. I live just 300 yards from where my brother is buried and I visit him everyday simply because I miss him, I'm planning to sit by his grave and have a beer alongside him, we did it many times in life and I think he would do the same.
I still have the usual routine to do with the cooking and running around after others but, the different things this year will tip unexpected things into the mix!