The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Another V8 query (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=327491)

Mark190 31st March 2024 17:57

Another V8 query

Just took my plastic cover off on the nearside the one that allows access to the plenum chamber, the pollen filter sits in there but i cant see the engine ecu. It can be clearly seen on my V6190 so where is the ecu situated on the V8 and also looking into the bottom i can see some standing water but there doesn't appear to be a drain hole that i can use my rodding tool to drain that water away. Is all this slightly different on the V8?

Ched 31st March 2024 18:12

Both, yes 2 ecu's are behind the passenger side of dash.

SD1too 1st April 2024 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark190 (Post 2992557)
... looking into the bottom i can see some standing water but there doesn't appear to be a drain hole that i can use my rodding tool to drain that water away.

If the V8 has the standard drainage arrangements, beware of vigorous rodding Mark. The rubber tubes are short and are easily dislodged. Retrieving them from between two layers of metalwork in a challenging space is no easy task! Since the R.H. tube is directly beneath the brake servo (on 4 & 6 cylinder cars) it's best carefully cleared from below.

Simon

Arctic 1st April 2024 09:20

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD1too (Post 2992596)
If the V8 has the standard drainage arrangements, beware of vigorous rodding Mark. The rubber tubes are short and are easily dislodged. Retrieving them from between two layers of metalwork in a challenging space is no easy task! Since the R.H. tube is directly beneath the brake servo (on 4 & 6 cylinder cars) it's best carefully cleared from below.

Simon

The V8 plenum rodding hole is different, it is just an hole the size of a 5p coin, no tube the last time i looked at Rob's now Richards V8 Tourer.

SD1too 1st April 2024 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2992601)
The V8 plenum rodding hole is different, it is just an hole the size of a 5p coin, no tube the last time i looked at Rob's now Richards V8 Tourer.

:D Thank you Steve. I thought I'd better take the precaution of saying "if" since I have not delved deeply into a V8 car (only admired them from the outside)!

Simon

Mark190 1st April 2024 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic (Post 2992601)

Thats the problem Steve, i had a look in there yesterday and its completely different from my V6. There are pipes in the way and i couldn't see a rodding hole at all. I have the spy hole mod on my V6 so rodding that out is easy. As i say i can see standing water in the bottom but cant see any way to let it out unless its trickling out very slowly through a partially blocked drain that i cant see. Its not the same as my V6 at all.