The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Alloys preference? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=305400)

75driver 4th June 2020 22:19

Alloys preference?

So I asked mrs 75driver to take a spin in the new 75, so she could understand the reason (obsession).
1st spin, she drives straight into a large pothole. admittedly I had done same a week earlier.😞
Result was a big bubble on NSF tyre, with fork alloys, which are in poor state, and I don’t really like anyway.
In the meantime, I’ve switched for a set of 15” y spokes, which don’t clean up the best.
I’ve a chance to replace with crowns,
So, I know it’s up to me, but for a facelift.....
Crowns? Or
Wait for ( something else)? What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marinabrian 4th June 2020 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75driver (Post 2816699)
So I asked mrs 75driver to take a spin in the new 75, so she could understand the reason (obsession).
1st spin, she drives straight into a large pothole. admittedly I had done same a week earlier.😞
Result was a big bubble on NSF tyre, with fork alloys, which are in poor state, and I don’t really like anyway.
In the meantime, I’ve switched for a set of 15” y spokes, which don’t clean up the best.
I’ve a chance to replace with crowns,
So, I know it’s up to me, but for a facelift.....
Crowns? Or
Wait for ( something else)? What?

Crowns??? it would look better with four spacesavers on Sean :D

Crowns and Unions look completely wrong on a MK2, if you fancy 15" wheels, then Comets are a wheel which suit both Mk1 and Mk2 alike :)

75driver 4th June 2020 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinabrian (Post 2816700)
Crowns??? it would look better with four spacesavers on Sean :D

Crowns and Unions look completely wrong on a MK2, if you fancy 15" wheels, then Comets are a wheel which suit both Mk1 and Mk2 alike :)

Oooh, Rinse your mouth out with some salt water....😬😬😬😬
I have unions on no 1 facelift saloon, and they’re grand.😬
Btw they’re all primettallic, So no contrast to consider.🙄

I like crowns, (and have an opportunity to acquire some) but think they may be best suited to a pre facelift. Would like to know others thoughts.

Pueblo_Boy 5th June 2020 00:48

I'm very happy with the look of my star spoke 17" rims. Except I want to refurbish them to further emphasize their good looks...:D

trikey 5th June 2020 07:15

I like crowns, they hide rusty brake calipers well 🤣

Rev Jules 5th June 2020 07:39

A set of Serpents.

Rev

coolguy 5th June 2020 10:00

When I bought my facelift Tourer in 2009 it had crowns, and they never looked right, although it did ride beautifully. Ultimately decided on starspokes, and still think they are the best. Although being 17 inch, the ride difference is minimal.

Rick-sta 5th June 2020 10:09

Not a fan of crowns, they would have looked a lot better if they were 17inch rather than 15inch.

17inch Meteors or 17inch star spokes really suit a mkii 75. We have 18inch ZT 11 spokes on ours.

Spike 5th June 2020 11:09

Serpents are the prettiest wheels for a 75. I have spoken.

myfirstrover 5th June 2020 11:22

Starspokes , best looking 75 wheel for me :}