The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   V8 Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   any former owners have a set of 260-hand brake cables available for sale?? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=265076)

NOCTURNAL 7th April 2017 08:08

any former owners have a set of 260-hand brake cables available for sale??

as above, I' need a set of handbrake cables for MOT and would prefer to fit the 260 updated cables if at all possible, so does anyone have a set available?

please drop me a line asap if you do :) cheers

mh007 7th April 2017 15:38

Out of interest, what's wrong with yours please?

NOCTURNAL 7th April 2017 15:42

Damn...I got excited seeing there was a reply to this thread lol.... the longer drivers side one is seized in the outer m8 :(

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

NOCTURNAL 7th April 2017 15:45

Ideally I'd have liked to fit an uprated 260 set.but if none surface I'll just by the standard ones.... I've had to sorn the car now anyway so just need it doing asap to get tax and mot 😑

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

mh007 7th April 2017 16:07

What a pain!
Sorry for getting your hopes up.
I see you've posted on the 260's too so hopefully someone will turn up with something.
I've never known one to seize up before (possible if it's been stood for a while though I guess).
Good luck getting it sorted.

NOCTURNAL 7th April 2017 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2472964)
What a pain!
Sorry for getting your hopes up.
I see you've posted on the 260's too so hopefully, someone will turn up with something.
I've never known one to seize up before (possible if it's been stood for a while though I guess).
Good luck getting it sorted.

indeed it is, yeah I gathered why you'd posted it as that's what everyone has said to me so far :) I've just been out to drop off the replacement mini compensator I purchased last week as even though I welded mine way back when I figured if I'm renewing the rears i might as well go the whole hog, especially if it gives slightly improved 'compensation' :)

So I have reconfirmed in the flesh that it was seized in the outer as previously it was a phone conversation, although I had been quite specific about where it was seized, and he said he had a set of pliers on it and yanked for all he was worth and it wouldn't budge. He would have just changed it himself without even informing me, but the Pagid set he ordered were both the same length, so he called as he knew I had said I had access to some parts if required. so I now know its the Long Drivers side cable that I actually NEED, though if I did manage to source the uprated version I would obviously get him to fit the pair.
He's reiterated that he would hope to get them swapped out without damage to the backplates but he hasn't started the actual removal etc until he has the spares to hand, which is fair enough, so ill give it a few days for some to potentially surface then just buy a std. set :/

No worries on getting me excited lol ;) doesn't take much these days... Life isn't exactly a Box of chocolates at the moment ...

NIck

stevestrat 8th April 2017 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh007 (Post 2472964)

I had one drop out of its clip and rest on the exhaust. Melted the outer covering allowing water in and corroded the cable.