The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   MS EDGE gone weird ! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=326286)

chris75 20th November 2023 20:05

MS EDGE gone weird !

Using windows 10 and ms Edge browser on a desktop pc .
As of today when I open Edge browser on my desktop , instead of a full screen view I get a narrow window about 1/4 of the screen opening on the right of the screen . I can not drag it across or widen it with the mouse . I have found that I can get full screen view by pressing F11 key , which is new to me , but then I lose the taskbar at the bottom and the toolbar across the top . Again I have now found that by moving the cursor to the top of the screen I get my toolbar back , but it is temporary and vanishes when I move the cursor . Whilst the home page is in the narrow view it does have the taskbar and toolbar visible .
Everything was fine when I shut down last night , but was changed when I switched on this morning ; I really don't feel it is anything I have accidentally done :shrug:
Anybody know what has happened ?

Teflon 20th November 2023 20:36

The disappearing task bar is a setting in Windows. "Right click" the task bar, select "task bar settings" and deselect any of the options for "automatically hide task bar".

Cliff

chris75 20th November 2023 20:42

Just had a look there again ; they are all deselected already .
There is a section there for multiple displays but the choices are all disabled and I can't use them :shrug:

Teflon 21st November 2023 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris75 (Post 2983581)
Just had a look there again ; they are all deselected already .
There is a section there for multiple displays but the choices are all disabled and I can't use them :shrug:

That's odd, not sure what's going on in that case :shrug:.

Cliff

Lagetha 21st November 2023 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris75 (Post 2983579)
Using windows 10 and ms Edge browser on a desktop pc .
As of today when I open Edge browser on my desktop , instead of a full screen view I get a narrow window about 1/4 of the screen opening on the right of the screen . I can not drag it across or widen it with the mouse . I have found that I can get full screen view by pressing F11 key , which is new to me , but then I lose the taskbar at the bottom and the toolbar across the top . Again I have now found that by moving the cursor to the top of the screen I get my toolbar back , but it is temporary and vanishes when I move the cursor . Whilst the home page is in the narrow view it does have the taskbar and toolbar visible .
Everything was fine when I shut down last night , but was changed when I switched on this morning ; I really don't feel it is anything I have accidentally done :shrug:
Anybody know what has happened ?

On the top right of your browser (edge) window are three symbols, a minus (-) sign, a square (⬜) and a cross (x)...

Use these to hide the window in the task bar, minimise/maximise the window, or close the window. I think your browser window has been minimised, so clicking on the second icon should restore it to maximised window size.

chris75 21st November 2023 16:10

Thanks for that Kevin.
I know the symbols you refer to , but there is another problem with them !
When I open the browser , the window is to the far right of the screen and only displays the left side of that window , about 1/4 of full width ; I am not able to scroll across the window to get to the right hand side where the symbols you refer to would be , as there is no slide bar on it and it won't drag with the mouse .
I can change it to full screen using F11 and then if I put the mouse to the top of that screen I get my tool bar and can see the 3 symbols . But here's the problem , in this view the square you mention is not a square but 2 arrows pointing at each other ! I guess this is an option to minimise , and if I click on it the window does go back to a narrow view at the right of my screen .
Back to square one :eek:
A puzzle is that the narrow window does not look like a full window with both sides defined ; it is as if the right of the window is off screen to the right . Is taht making sense ?

xsport 21st November 2023 16:35

have you looked under appearance/settings menu ... preferences ..

xsport 21st November 2023 16:41

settings/system/display layout /settings / default ... must be somewhere in there from the command box screen start up menu.

chris75 21st November 2023 18:13

I've been wading through all that stuff . Haven't found anything relevant yet ........:shrug: Will keep looking but it's just guesswork !

Rogue 21st November 2023 18:41

Have you tried holding down the windows key and use the curser keys to show full screen?