The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Diesel Cruise Control Loom? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=156855)

DaveyC 27th August 2013 15:02

Diesel Cruise Control Loom?

I have bought a diesel cruise control setup but having looked at a number of how to threads, I am now concerned that I may not have the loom fitted to my car.

Is there an easy way to establish this without pulling most of the centre console out? :shrug:

I had a look behind the switch panel and passenger side cup holder (as they came out very easily) but I could not see wires or plugs referred to in some of the other threads.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave :D

ZedTeeTee 27th August 2013 15:21

Try checking near the fusebox, the connector / loom should be there.

This post may help.

DaveyC 27th August 2013 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mofo (Post 1399643)
Try checking near the fusebox, the connector / loom should be there.

This post may help.

Hi,

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look later on. My curiosity definitely got the better of me and all I can find behind the centre console is this weird connector block and this random wire. Everything else is connected. This block only has wires going to part of it, so it looks like I dont have the loom? Or could it be hidden above the radio / behind the glove box??

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...827_162751.jpg

Is there any point going any further if I don@t have the loom?

Cheers,

Dave :confused:

oldcarguy 27th August 2013 15:56

It could be tucked right under the ciggie lighter wrapped in a piece of sponge.

DaveyC 27th August 2013 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldcarguy (Post 1399670)
It could be tucked right under the ciggie lighter wrapped in a piece of sponge.

Just had it all out and nothing............... looks like I am out of luck??

Duotone 27th August 2013 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveyC (Post 1399661)
Hi,

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look later on. My curiosity definitely got the better of me and all I can find behind the centre console is this weird connector block and this random wire. Everything else is connected. This block only has wires going to part of it, so it looks like I dont have the loom? Or could it be hidden above the radio / behind the glove box??

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...827_162751.jpg

Is there any point going any further if I don@t have the loom?

Cheers,

Dave :confused:

Thats the mini ISO plug for a radio. Those wires in the green plug are for the steering wheel controls.

Look under glovebox to the right of the fuses and see if there is a spare oblong connector. This is used for the Cruise control unit.

If you have any switches in the strip under the air-con panel then the Cruise switch would be wrapped in foam resting on the ash tray assembly.
If no switches in the panel the foam wrapped plugs could be down the left side of the ashtray.

Dave T

DaveyC 27th August 2013 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duotone (Post 1399697)
Thats the mini ISO plug for a radio. Those wires in the green plug are for the steering wheel controls.

Look under glovebox to the right of the fuses and see if there is a spare oblong connector. This is used for the Cruise control unit.

If you have any switches in the strip under the air-con panel then the he Cruise switch would be wrapped in foam resting on the ash tray assembly.
If no switches in the panel the foam wrapped plugs could be down the left side of the ashtray.

Dave T

Thanks Dave. at least that's cleared up the mystery plug :D

I have had all the ashtray out but no connectors or any spare bit in foam. Looking increasingly like I don't have the loom.....

Am I therefore stuffed without this and it's a non-starter?

Cheers,

Dave

Mike Noc 27th August 2013 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duotone (Post 1399697)
If you have any switches in the strip under the air-con panel then the Cruise switch would be wrapped in foam resting on the ash tray assembly.

Dave T

If one part of the unused loom is present does that mean all the spare cables are there for the various extras or do you have to check each individual circuit?

DaveyC 27th August 2013 19:44

I have nothing, so unless I can become a wiz at wiring and turn into Super Sparky overnight, I will be putting it all back together and forgetting all about it.

Taking the bits to the Nano and will speak to Paul & Duncan to see what I can do (if anything, as they are the experts with electrics):confused:

sworks 27th August 2013 20:32

When retro fitting cruise to Marmite there were two plugs wrapped in foam behind the strip where the switches are fitted. The ecu connector was taped into the loom that goes to the bcm. You don't need to pull the glovebox out to see this, just lower the passenger fuse box cover.