The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bosch Wiper Blades! (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=311553)

roverbarmy 8th March 2021 10:12

Bosch Wiper Blades!

Got my Bosch Wiper Blades this morning. "Fabrique en Chine" ! Doh! Says it all! 😐🤔😕

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

KWIL 8th March 2021 11:40

Bosch = Deutsch. Fabrique en Chine = Francais, what a mixture!

rab60bit 8th March 2021 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by roverbarmy (Post 2869754)
Got my Bosch Wiper Blades this morning. "Fabrique en Chine" ! Doh! Says it all! 😐🤔😕

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Same here. Noticed it last time I bought off the internet, quality seemed fine but I was getting little 'water arcs' across the wiped area after less than 12 months and I hadn't even covered 4K....:shrug:

clf 8th March 2021 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by rab60bit (Post 2869803)
Same here. Noticed it last time I bought off the internet, quality seemed fine but I was getting little 'water arcs' across the wiped area after less than 12 months and I hadn't even covered 4K....:shrug:

4k miles of wet use? dry or mixed? Water 'arcs' tend to be caused by drying out and/or dirt.

General guidance is to replace wipers 6 - 12 months. I would expect them to stiffen up if not used and particularly if left outside. They are service items after all.

I tend to replace every MOT now, as mine is due around October. As a matter of course would have replaced them around September once the wet weather was due, to negate any effects of the summer weather.

Dorchester2 8th March 2021 19:33

Since 6 years I'm only buying Bosch Aerotwin.
And I've just received a full set for each of my Rovers.
I'll have a close look tomorrow and tell you where mine are coming from.
The fact is so far I'm very pleased with those special wipers.
Mind that I've got the same on my 25 since 2015 & on my 75 since 2017. Still in very good nick but TBH not much rain here in South of France! ;)

hogweed 8th March 2021 19:35

Mine get replaced every 5-7 years, whether they need it or not.

I was driven mad by squeaking blades on my last Beemer, and bought more and more expensive blades... but the cheap eBay ones were no worse, really...

rab60bit 8th March 2021 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by clf (Post 2869821)
4k miles of wet use? dry or mixed? Water 'arcs' tend to be caused by drying out and/or dirt.

General guidance is to replace wipers 6 - 12 months. I would expect them to stiffen up if not used and particularly if left outside. They are service items after all.

I tend to replace every MOT now, as mine is due around October. As a matter of course would have replaced them around September once the wet weather was due, to negate any effects of the summer weather.

Sorry I don't log wet hours.....:D I know they are service items, I buy a matched set (21"&22") of Aero blades and IMHO they should last a lot longer than conventional wipers but they seem to cut (that's what causes the arcs) more easily than the flip-flop design. I'm pretty sure our car era Bosch wipers were previously manufactured in France (probably elsewhere too) but I can't say wheher they were better or worse.

Canonite 8th March 2021 21:24

Add rainX to your screen wash and wipe your rubbers every week

torque2me 9th March 2021 05:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by rab60bit (Post 2869838)
I'm pretty sure our car era Bosch wipers were previously manufactured in France (probably elsewhere too) but I can't say wheher they were better or worse.

I thought the Bosch factory was in Belgium!

Kev

Dorchester2 9th March 2021 09:01

I'm just back from my garages: fresh ordered front wipers were all made in Belgium (for 75 & 25 & 214 cabby as well) but the 25 rear one which was made in... China! :eek:
Besides before any journey I'm cleaning my 75 & 214 cabby windscreen with a professional Dutch product (used for example in international hotels) elaborated & tested by my younger son (he was one among several guys indeed) when he was working in Holland at Diversey's. Very efficient.