The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Where does the rear brake pad sensor cable live? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=274846)

frankgoldstar 22nd October 2017 22:13

Where does the rear brake pad sensor cable live?

My question to the assembled gods of Rover owners is, Where does the rear brake pad sensor cable enter the car body proper?

that is, I have the brake pad wear icon up on the screen, but cannot find the connector, or the wire. either inside, or outside the interior.

I could guess that the sensor wire might have been removed at some time, but the posts which I have read say to follow the wire to the connector tucked under the wheel arch lining.

As there is no wire to follow, this was a problem. So I decided to look in the boot for where the wire came in, but could not find it.

The ABS sensor wires are there, complete with connectors, but the usual two back and white brake sensors (as they are at the front) could not be found.

anyone any ideas?

Best wishes, Frank

Jim Jamieson 22nd October 2017 22:33

Lead starts off at the right hand side (drivers) brake pad then terminates inside the plastic wheel arch liner just behind the wheel.

steve-45 22nd October 2017 22:44

Mine joined up with another plug below the boot floor.

oops ..... thought it was the boot floor, but Artics right as ever .......

Arctic 24th October 2017 00:49

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Frank.
You should find it tucked onto the rear wheel arch liner next to the fuel cooler photo's below ;) Arctic

frankgoldstar 1st November 2017 21:40

Thanks for the info and especially the useful photos

As the heading says, many thanks.

I have not had chance to look at the old car as the new one has been giving me the bends with pleas for attention.

I like the photos posted, mainly because when I first looked, I could not see the FBH cooler, which puzzled me. I was sure it used to be there on the drivers side, but decided it was me being daft and that I was mistaken.

In my defence, it was a case of sticking my head under the car outside the house, so I then had a better look inside the car after not being able to find a trace of any wire, other than the ABS, near the wheel.

I expected to find the other side of the cable in the boot, or behind the back seat, but went unrewarded.

I will have another look at the weekend.

Many thanks to the people who responded to my question. It is a pleasure to just read the help and encouragement offered selflessly by the great members of this wonderful forum, not just to my direct question, but all the other interesting and useful posts.

I learn something new every day. Trouble is, I forget two useful things every day too!

Best wishes, Frank