The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Parking sensors (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=299099)

Cruachan 9th September 2019 15:06

Parking sensors

Am thrilled with my recently acquired R75 Conn SE 1999. Everything seemed to be working OK, then "lost" the parking sensor aid. Any ideas?

Westonboy 9th September 2019 15:14

Usual culprit is the reversing light switch on the gearbox, have you got reversing lights, if not that it is likely the reversing switch has failed.

Cruachan 9th September 2019 22:16

Thank you Westonboy. Retried reversing again and lo and behold it worked! And then it failed again! Had no one to check that the reversing light was on. Seems like it's intermittent but will need further investigation. Thank you once again.

smudge.g 10th September 2019 04:48

Could be a break in the rear loom that goes to the sensors behind the bumper. i replaced mine recently and it started working straight away after 2 years of that long beeeeep!! (The original loom had multiple breaks in it.)

macafee2 10th September 2019 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudge.g (Post 2761211)
Could be a break in the rear loom that goes to the sensors behind the bumper. i replaced mine recently and it started working straight away after 2 years of that long beeeeep!! (The original loom had multiple breaks in it.)

I wonder if I have a break that shows up intermittently, smudge.g your post could be the answer to my problems.
I'll check the harness again

macafee2

Yorkshire GOC 10th September 2019 10:53

If your sensors are ticking when ignition on ie in working order but you get the long bleep or silence check the connecting socket between the parking ECU and the sensor loom - when mine failed there was corrosion in this socket caused i assume by ingress of moisture.:shrug:

robeire 11th September 2019 05:52

glue on inner rear wing controll unit

hi,

in my case, as i had striped out the the interior to find my leaks, i found that
the unit was only held on with on with one screw and was loose and causing

it to go a bit mad so i glued it back to the inner wing with low tac glue job done :}
not sure if it was an aftermarket unit or just badly installed by the former owner, who said he had a cowboy as a meck. who went out of busness, after looking after his car for years and only found out when he got asecond opinion:duh:

im finding some really bad fixes all over my beloved r75 connie

rob

Cruachan 11th September 2019 13:04

Sensors still not working and no reversing lights. Could be the switch as per answer from Westonboy. And thanks to everyone for their input.

Westonboy 11th September 2019 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruachan (Post 2761479)
Sensors still not working and no reversing lights. Could be the switch as per answer from Westonboy. And thanks to everyone for their input.

I expect you are aware of the location of the reverser switch, from memory if you remove nearside front wheel it is visible on the gearbox and easily accessible. :}