The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Help Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A facelift dashboard symbol ? (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318725)

BRG75 16th April 2022 08:20

A facelift dashboard symbol ?

I wish that I'd photographed this, but there you go.

A large red graphic, which appeared to be a bell, like a church bell, on I think the message centre display.

The car (tourer) was locked with the remote, a split second before Jan had fully shut the front passenger door.

Recollection is a bit hazy, but I think the door didn't fully latch, and was immediately reopened and then fully shut. Alarm went off, which was cancelled with remote, then re-locked.

Half an hour later, I returned to the car, unlocked with the remote, sat in it and before putting the ignition key into the switch, I saw the bell graphic, as above.

I assumed it to be associated with the locking incident, started the car, and all continued as normal.

I have run the OBD test 2, but the message centre only shows two chequer patterns, no symbols.

Is this possibly a facelift feature, as the car was built only a few weeks before facelift production began.

Any information appreciated.

Regards

Mike

suzublu 16th April 2022 08:57

I wonder if it's from the telephone system?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

BRG75 16th April 2022 09:03

Yes, I hadn't thought of that.

The car was originally fitted with factory sat nav, but I don't know if it was Low Line or High Line.

Either way, I think the telephone & mute feature was available.

All that remains are some badly corroded connectors in the spare wheel, and side compartments. A distinct possibility I feel.

Mike

ceedy 16th April 2022 09:50

isn't the big red bell a sign that the alarm has been triggered ? :shrug:
C

BRG75 16th April 2022 10:34

Hi Ceedy,

Yes that was my original thought, but I can't find mention of a bell symbol anywhere, hence my post.

If you yourself have seen this symbol before, then at least I'll know for certain, that my eyes did not deceive me.

Thanks

Mike

Rick-sta 16th April 2022 11:18

Yes that bell symbol shows whenever the alarm has gone off, so that you know your alarm had been triggered whilst you were away from the car.

BRG75 16th April 2022 11:35

Thank you Rick, for that confirmation.

Would you know if it was a facelift feature, or just omitted from the driver's handbook please?

Regards

Mike

hogweed 16th April 2022 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRG75 (Post 2928680)
Thank you Rick, for that confirmation.

Would you know if it was a facelift feature, or just omitted from the driver's handbook please?

Regards

Mike

I went through a phase of seeing this on my facelift when I tried to lock/unlock the driver's door using the key rather than the remote - this would appear to open the door OK, but not disarm the alarm :shrug:

VVC-Geeza 16th April 2022 20:26

I've never managed to trigger the alarm on mine,I'd be interested to know what it sounds like :} Is there a way of testing it apart from the above accidental way?

hogweed 16th April 2022 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza (Post 2928769)
I've never managed to trigger the alarm on mine,I'd be interested to know what it sounds like :} Is there a way of testing it apart from the above accidental way?

Try locking it with the remote, then unlocking by putting the key in the door...