The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Technology Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Microwave. (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=207443)

lathbury 4th February 2015 13:13

Microwave.

I have a Daewoo microwave, it starts, the turntable turns but it won'the heat anything up, can I fix it or is it for the skip?. Thanks, John.

chipsceola 4th February 2015 14:38

I've just had my m/w fail for the very same thing, being a tad dangerous and not really understood I think when the magnatron goes it's game over, alternatively if you can find a local repair centre to fix it, labour costs would likely mean a replacement with fresh g/tee would be a more attractive proposition.

Ratty 4th February 2015 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by lathbury (Post 1910415)
I have a Daewoo microwave, it starts, the turntable turns but it won'the heat anything up, can I fix it or is it for the skip?. Thanks, John.

For the price of new ones now are they worth repairing. :shrug:

MangoMan 4th February 2015 15:42

Bin it - I wouldn't start playing with Microwaves personally......

I believe Lidl are selling cheap ones at the moment...

HarryM1BYT 4th February 2015 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MangoMan (Post 1910496)
Bin it - I wouldn't start playing with Microwaves personally......

I believe Lidl are selling cheap ones at the moment...

Agreed, there are some very high voltages in there, even when they are unplugged. Likely the magnetron, the HV transformer, or as simply as the fuse supplying the transformer - but lethal, if you don't know what you are doing.

lathbury 4th February 2015 19:11

THanks everyone, We are going shopping tomorrow for a new one. Thanks again. John.

Nige B 4th February 2015 20:38

Don't own a microwave ...one of those things I manage to live without.

lathbury 5th February 2015 10:44

I found the same model and colour (red) on Amazon for £50 delivered. She's happy now. John.

HarryM1BYT 5th February 2015 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige B (Post 1910802)
Don't own a microwave ...one of those things I manage to live without.

Nowt wrong with them, providing you don't believe all the things they say you can cook in them. They are great for hot milky drinks, warming beans for your breakfast, tinned rice pudding - but forget anything which needs to be roasted. Limit them to food which has lots of water content, which just needs to be warmed up, rather than cooked.

Our microwave is a fancy combined microwave, proper oven and a grill. She has only ever used the microwave side. Our other oven is a double oven and we have yet a fourth oven in the caravan. Yesterday she was complaining she would have to microwave some food, because what was in the oven needed too high a temperature for her second item. Then I began to remind her than she had two full ovens, plus a third in the microwave and if she was really stuck a fourth one in the caravan - sheesh!

We've just bought another electric griddle, that's fine for bacon, steaks and etc.

..and a four slice electric toaster. Its the first one we have had which actually works properly. You can put the bread in on its side, rather than vertically, where part sticks out the top and the timer seems to actually work and pops it out nicely done.

All the ones we haave bought before, we have ended up switching the bread 180 deg. to get all of it to toast and watching it to make sure it doesn't burn, or putting it through another cycle because its under done.

Nige B 5th February 2015 12:13

I only use a microwave at work for snap break...never really liked them , nothing to do with scare stories etc. prefer warming things in oven or on hob...Know what you mean though Harry with the toasters LOL ..warburton is a nuisance to toast , along with proper shaped uncut from bakers.