The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums

The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Social Forum (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   GusV R.I.P (https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=310620)

Gate Keeper 21st January 2021 12:48

GusV R.I.P

We had some sad news today, GusV a long standing club member and a friend to Jessica and I, passed away. He didn’t post up very often on this forum but he did get to the local meets in the South East. Gus was a very kind gentleman and a people person. He had a great understanding of mental illness/health and helped thousands through his work as a Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist over the years. We used to talk about the challenges people with mental illness or phobias had to face. A great loss to Lyn his wife and his family, is an understatement .... Gus rest easy

Ian G 21st January 2021 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2860981)

We had some sad news today, GusV a long standing club member and a friend to Jessica and I, passed away. He didn’t post up very often on this forum but he did get to the local meets in the South East. Gus was a very kind gentleman and a people person. He had a great understanding of mental illness/health and helped thousands through his work as a Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist over the years. We used to talk about the challenges people with mental illness or phobias had to face. A great loss to Lyn his wife and his family, is an understatement .... Gus rest easy

Wow so sorry to hear of Gus passing Phil,as you say a lovely man, he and Lyn came along to one of my Sammy Miller meets in the new forest. Please pass on our condolences to Lyn and his family.
Maybe the club banner could be changed as a show of respect.
Regards Ian and Jan

coolcat 21st January 2021 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gate Keeper (Post 2860981)

So sorry to read that Phil.

I'm pretty sure I had met Gus in the past, did he attend the Halfway House meets perhaps?

Do the powers that be know of his passing as the banner hasn't turned grey?

RIP to Gus and thoughts with his family.

Edit......Have PM’d Reebs to let him know of Gus’s passing.

harrisop48 21st January 2021 16:11

GusV R.I.P.

Gus and Lyn were regular attendee's at the various London and South meets. Gus was a great character and will be greatly missed by Lyn and his Family. Rest in Peace Gus.

FLYING BANANA 21st January 2021 16:26

Oh! Such sad news. I remember Gus with his distinctive 75. Condolences to Lyn and family.

Reebs 21st January 2021 16:44

Thanks Ian and Jeff for the message about Gus. I’m sorry to hear of his passing and send my condolences to his family. I will turn the forum banner to grey as a mark of respect.

Teflon 21st January 2021 16:50

So sorry to hear this sad news. I remember Gus very well - a lovely chap.

My thoughts and sympathies are with his family.

Cliff

Nobby 21st January 2021 18:31

So so sad. Gus was a great friend and I always enjoyed his and Lyns company at the meets and the banter we used to have over his car mods. Seems an age ago now. My sincere condolences to all his family. Rip Gus old mate

harrisop48 21st January 2021 19:02

GusV R.I.P.

I tried to put this on the General Forum earlier, however, due to my complete lack of IT skills part of it went as a separate Post on Gatekeepers OP.

Some of you may have seen Gatekeeper's post on the Chill Out page in the social forum concerning GusV (Gus Vickery) who sadly passed away recently.
Gus and Lyn were regular attendee's at the various London and South meets.
Gus was a great character and will be greatly missed by Lyn and his Family.
Rest in Peace Gus.

Peter.

Thanks Paul for turning the Banner Grey, as a mark of respect.

grout20 21st January 2021 19:07

Oh dear, sad news Peter....

Condolences to Lyn, family and friends.

Take care everyone

John